Awesome chocolate chip cookie recipe!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themonkeytree

Senior Cook
I made these awesome chocolate chip cookies a couple of days ago and thought I would share the recipe.

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 cup AP flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 (6 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 toasted slivered almonds

Preheat oven to 350. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray or line with parchmentpaper. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attchment, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. Remember this is the creaming method, so scrape down the sides of your bowl. This will take about 2 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix until incorpirated.

In a seperate bown sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix until just blended. It is important that you do not over mix this step. Stir in the choclate chips and almonds.

Drop dough by rounded tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake until browned on top but still soft, about 12 to 14 minutes.

That was the recipe in the book and I made one batch that way and another batch I changed a little bit. My variation on the recipe was, I added some recess peanut butter chips in place of some of the chocolate chips. So 3 ounces of each type of chip. I also added a tsp of ground ancho chili powder.

I hope everyone enjoys making and eating these cookies as much as I did.

Those sound great. I really like the idea of the chocolate and peanut butter mixed...........you got your chocolate in my peanut butter :pig:. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much for the recipe! I am definitely going to make these, as I have a big bag of slivered almonds I need to use up. I've never tried them in chocolate chip cookies, so I am eager to give these a go....

Do you think it would good if I added some orange zest to the cookies? I mean I love orange zest in baked goods, but I am not sure if they would go good in these cookies.

all purpose flour Sorry about using the abbreviation for it. I did not create this recipe myself I got it from a cook book. I wish I could create baking recipes myself, but I am not that great of a baker yet.

MT, I think orange zest would be very good in these cookies and would kick them up a notch from ordinary chocolate chippers. I'm going to try that, too. First one to do it should report back! (I just bought a bunch of good cookies at Costco today, so probably won't be baking cookies this week, though.)

I have been adding cinnimon to my CCCs for a few years now. Cinnimon and cocoa are same region spices. For a little extra, add some chipotle powder (just a bit like 1/2 tsp per batch).

I just made a recipe this afternoon for chocolate chocolate chip cookies that included cinnamon and were called Mexican Chocolate Chip Cookies. They were delicious.

Why does some cookies not hold their shape or is too sticky to cut with a cookie cutter .Too much butter?:huh:

Thanks so much for the recipe! I am definitely going to make these, as I have a big bag of slivered almonds I need to use up. I've never tried them in chocolate chip cookies, so I am eager to give.

I often use orange zest in any type of chocolate cookie....orange and chocolate and good friends!!! I also use orange zest in my poppy (moon) seed cookies....yummmmm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom