Betty Crocker Cookie Winners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for sharing! The chocolate ice-cream dessert looks REALLY yummy!!! :)

I thought that looked great -- until I opened some of the recipes and saw they're all based on packaged mixes. No thanks! :yuk:

I guess I've become a "from scratch" snob.

Whoa!!! Those Chocolate Marshmallow Pillows have my attention.
Thanks for the link.

Munky.

I thought that looked great -- until I opened some of the recipes and saw they're all based on packaged mixes. No thanks! :yuk:

It's Betty Crocker web site what did you expect?

Munky.

I have several Betty Crocker Cook Books in my collection, going back to 1934. The recipes in the older ones were all from scratch.

Same with the older Pillsbury Bake-Off Cook Books -- all from scratch. The only requirement in the original Bake Off was the use of Pillsbury flour.

I think it's a shame that these have become nothing more than advertisements for packaged products, now requiring entrants to use one of the sponsor's chemical-laden concoctions. I never buy such stuff.

I have several Betty Crocker Cook Books in my collection, going back to 1934. The recipes in the older ones were all from scratch.

Same with the older Pillsbury Bake-Off Cook Books -- all from scratch. The only requirement in the original Bake Off was the use of Pillsbury flour.

I think it's a shame that these have become nothing more than advertisements for packaged products, now requiring entrants to use one of the sponsor's chemical-laden concoctions. I never buy such stuff.

I hear ya Scotch,I have a few older and newer cook books.Times have changed.
I liked the ideas and someday when I don't have much to do (it's not often) I'll try and adapt a few of the older recipes into some of the newer ones.

Have a good one

Munky.

boxed cookies taste yummy to me! better than i can bake!
I eat boxed cookies on occasion, and some, like Pepperidge Farm, are pretty good, although expensive compared to homemade. I'd be happy to share some cookie recipes with you that are easy to make and not only taste much better than any boxed cookie but are generally much more healthful since they don't have preservatives and so forth.

awesome, scotch, thanks! still love pepperidge farm cookies, though, chessman ones.

I had similar thoughts when I looked at the site. The results look delicious, tho, and some of them I can see how to make a scratch cookie out of the idea. :)

We should make our own version of the contest, without mixes. I would try to adapt some of the winning recipes to jazz up recipes I already have.

Back
Top Bottom