Cafe' Mocha cookie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Home chef

Senior Cook
I borrowed this recipe from Alix and made a few changes. I hope you like it!

1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/3 cup cocoa
2 tbsp milk
2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup instant coffee (Folgers)
Optional 1 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugars together. Add vanilla, beaten egg, cocoa and milk and mix til smooth. Add instant coffee. Add flour and baking soda and stir until incorporated, don't overmix. Add chocolate chips and stir.

Drop by spoonfuls on cookie sheets. Bake at 350 for 10 - 12 minutes. Let cool on sheets for a couple of minutes before you put them on cooling racks.

Since Alix contributed almost all of this recipe, he will get the naming rights to this cookie as well.

Enjoy:chef:

Alix is a she, (Ken would be most upset if I were male!) and thanks for the credits! I like your name just fine and I think I may try your modifications out today if I get a chance.

Oops:ohmy: Sorry. I guess I should have known by the spelling. Give it a go and let me know what you think. You can adjust the coffee to your liking. The 1/4 cup isn't too overwhelming but offers a bit more than just a hint of flavor. I think my next batch I may use 1/3 cup.

I posted a question on the other thread, but I will ask you here too. Did you use the powdered coffee or did you put some liquid in to dissolve it? My instant coffee is granular so I am not sure how to proceed. Dissolve or food processor. Suggestions?

Oh, and no worries about the gender thing, I get it all the time! Just a hazard of my name.

I simply used the granular instant coffee. As the mixing occurs and the butter melts it will dissolve most of the granules. However, there may be some residual crystals that, in my opinion, inhance the flavor of the cookee.

First batch is in the oven. I'm not sure how the finished cookie will be but... if I were even one once more hooked on coffee or chocolate than I already am... I could sit down and eat the whole bowl of cookie dough! GOOD no... GREAT, YES!!!!!!!!!!

cooked or raw these are now my most favorite cookie. Chocolate. Coffee. What could be better???

THANK YOU!!

pds,

I literally have chills up and down my spine. I am so glad you like them.

Did you mix in the dry coffee or did you liquify it? I just put the dry in and I liked it.

Last edited:
I mixed the coffe with just a few drips of water. Very few drips. I also didn't put the whole 1/4 cup of coffee in. Almost 1/4 but not quite.

I will have to try these next year. I baked tons of cookies on Wednesday that I don't want to see another cookie for a while.

Last edited:
OK, I heated the milk and mixed in the instant coffee to that. I also tossed in some butterscotch chips and we LOVE them. Great modifications guys. Thanks Home Chef. I think I am going to go back to the original recipe and add some orange zest next time.

Hey Home Chef, I've been thinking of the name for these babies, how about Home Style mochas?

Back
Top Bottom