"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 04-25-2008, 05:37 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick2272 View Post
That sounds good too! DW came up with Cherry Supreme cake mix and white chocolate chips! Gonna try that next, or maybe after the pineapple ones!

yumm,

babe

Old 04-25-2008, 06:41 PM   #12
Master Chef

Site Moderator

I'm gonna have to get these on paper tonight. Would be great fast desserts for company this week. Server em warm with vanilla ice cream I think!!!

Thanks all !!!

Old 04-25-2008, 07:22 PM   #13
Senior Cook

Send a message via Yahoo to fireweaver
guys, this all sounds like super genius...quick & easy, but still able to enjoy fresh-from the oven-tastiness. let me get this right: you can use any type of cake mix you want to experiment with, but instead of adding whatever it tells you to on the box, go with a pair of eggs & 1/2c oil, plus something else to make the batter thicker? that's it, it's really that easy??

i'll be getting odd looks in the cake mix aisle as i stare veerrrrrry thoughtfully at all the boxes...
Old 04-25-2008, 08:20 PM   #14
Master Chef

yes fireweaver, but, you don't need anything to make it thicker. They are ooey gooey and good.
I have been making these for years. I roll the chocolate ones in powdered sugar though. I will put strawberry jam/jelly on the yellow cake by making a small indention.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:23 PM   #15
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireweaver View Post
guys, this all sounds like super genius...quick & easy, but still able to enjoy fresh-from the oven-tastiness. let me get this right: you can use any type of cake mix you want to experiment with, but instead of adding whatever it tells you to on the box, go with a pair of eggs & 1/2c oil, plus something else to make the batter thicker? that's it, it's really that easy??

i'll be getting odd looks in the cake mix aisle as i stare veerrrrrry thoughtfully at all the boxes...
There is bound to be some experimentation involved in this, but basically yes that is it. If needed you can add some flour to thicken the batter up.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:03 PM   #16
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgirl View Post
yes fireweaver, but, you don't need anything to make it thicker. They are ooey gooey and good.
I have been making these for years. I roll the chocolate ones in powdered sugar though. I will put strawberry jam/jelly on the yellow cake by making a small indention.

will certainly steal your ideas.

babe
Old 04-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
There is bound to be some experimentation involved in this, but basically yes that is it. If needed you can add some flour to thicken the batter up.

never had to add flour or anything else to make dough thicker. u may add, nuts , chopped fruit, choco chips or what ever your little heart wants. i added crushed special k to a batch of chocolate.

the pineapple ones very delicate, but grown grandson loved em.

babe
Old 04-26-2008, 10:00 PM   #18
Master Chef

Ours was a little runny, we added 1/4 cup flour and they were just right. Might be variances in the cake batter, might be that we used the 'veggie' eggs and when compared to regular grade A large eggs, they are larger and to me seem to have thicker whites and richer yolks.
Couldn't tell you for sure.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:33 AM   #19
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Ours was a little runny, we added 1/4 cup flour and they were just right. Might be variances in the cake batter, might be that we used the 'veggie' eggs and when compared to regular grade A large eggs, they are larger and to me seem to have thicker whites and richer yolks.
Couldn't tell you for sure.

what are veggie eggs? i use extra large eggs only. the ones i buy in store always seem to small in large.

babe
Old 04-27-2008, 05:00 PM   #20
Master Chef

Vegetarian fed, hormone and anti-biotic free, cage free eggs. We buy the brown ones and their large size is about the size of the x-large regular eggs in the store. We use these for eating not baking. Since most recipes call for large eggs, we buy whatever eggs are on sale, grade A large, for baking.
In this case we were out so we used the Veggie Eggs, I suppose I should call em Cage Free, LOL. Two of them are almost like three regular large eggs, so I thought this might account for the extra moisture.
Baking is not my strong suite, so I am not surprised when I have to adjust a recipe because it is too thick or too thin. I usually figure it is something I did not the recipe, and it usually is! LOL.

Tags
None