Cake mix cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vegetarian fed, hormone and anti-biotic free, cage free eggs. We buy the brown ones and their large size is about the size of the x-large regular eggs in the store. We use these for eating not baking. Since most recipes call for large eggs, we buy whatever eggs are on sale, grade A large, for baking.
In this case we were out so we used the Veggie Eggs, I suppose I should call em Cage Free, LOL. Two of them are almost like three regular large eggs, so I thought this might account for the extra moisture.
Baking is not my strong suite, so I am not surprised when I have to adjust a recipe because it is too thick or too thin. I usually figure it is something I did not the recipe, and it usually is! LOL.

ok on the veg. eggs, not sure what the point is. could have been your problem. i find the other extreme sometimes, dough to stiff.

babe

Cake mix cookies are one of the best ideas ever! And totally versatile. For kids, I like to make cookies from that brightly colored tutti frutti cake mix-- they come out really cute.

Made them tonight using and orange cake mix and white chips. I did add a tsp of vanilla extract to the mix. YUM!!!

Actually I meant to type "orange" zest, but the lemon might be better. There are no accidents.:rolleyes:

I thought of that. I might try it next time I make them and see how they come out. Here is a picture of them.

Attachments

• OrangeVanillaCakeCookies.jpg
    OrangeVanillaCakeCookies.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 313
Last edited:
Made these last night. I used the Lemon Supreme cake mix, two eggs, 1/2 cup veggie oil, and 2 cups shredded coconut.
DW can't believe just how good they were, and that they basically came from a cake mix! Super moist and very flavorful. It made 25 large cookies, none left over!!
I've been craving lemon desserts lately. I'm trying these for sure this week. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Try using a Spice Cake mix (I used Duncan Hines) and cinnamon chips and add a Tblsp of vanilla YUM!!!

Here is a new one I made today.

I used a "cherry chip" cake mix, and added about a 1/4 cup chopped marischino cherries, about 1 cup of dark chocolate chips, and 1 tsp vanilla. They are not too bad but they are missing something and I'm not sure what. Maybe more cherries or some almond flavor.....

Here is a new one I made today.

I used a "cherry chip" cake mix, and added about a 1/4 cup chopped marischino cherries, about 1 cup of dark chocolate chips, and 1 tsp vanilla. They are not too bad but they are missing something and I'm not sure what. Maybe more cherries or some almond flavor.....

that could be it, dave. or maybe some pecans.

babe:ohmy::ohmy:

I think the almond flavor would be a good one to try, and I agree pecans would go good with it, or maybe some walnuts.
Maybe even some cherry liquor...

Did the cake mix cookies today. Delish!

I used orange cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1 cup white baking chips, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1 tsp. freshly grated orange zest. Baked at 350F for 12 minutes. Omigosh! Magnificent.

Came out with about 2 1/2 dozen 3-inch cookies. There will not be many left by tomorrow.

Gonna play with the concept. That is, white cake mix, cherry extract, chopped maraschino cherries and chopped semi-sweet/bitter chocolate. Well?

Why not take this idea and run with it?

Did the cake mix cookies today. Delish!

I used orange cake mix, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup oil, 1 cup white baking chips, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1 tsp. freshly grated orange zest. Baked at 350F for 12 minutes. Omigosh! Magnificent.

Came out with about 2 1/2 dozen 3-inch cookies. There will not be many left by tomorrow.

Gonna play with the concept. That is, white cake mix, cherry extract, chopped maraschino cherries and chopped semi-sweet/bitter chocolate. Well?

i'll bet they are wonderful. gotta see what i have cake mix wise.

do have cherries
thanks
babe:chef:

That is what I have been doing and it is great fun!

:) You will love the cherry/dark chocolate! I made those Sunday but used a cherry cake mix! Delish! They taste better after they have sat and cooled for about an hour. Flavors are more pronounced.

Tonight I'm going to try either carrot cake mix and I think I cream cheese frosting OR a white cake mix with crushed pineapple and orange zest.

Why have I not clicked on this thread yet?!?!
These sound great, all of them!

Back
Top Bottom