Cake mix cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tried this today with a white cake mix..Added the zest of a good sized orange and a half a package of chocolate chips..They are great..My grandkids loved them...Thanks Babetoo:)

kadesma

Today I used Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge cake mix. Added 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1/2 cup chopped well-drained maraschino cherries, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. 350F for 12 minutes. Ohhhhhh!

CJ, try orange cake mix, white baking chips, chopped nuts, and fresh orange zest.

Hey, who needs a cookbook when you have DC!

the cookbook is 11dollars and change. lots of rave reviews. few negative. it isn't just cookies it is bars as well. i read all the reviews and they really sounded good.

i would order it i think. though i got the cake mix doctor and was really not impressed. made a couple of the cakes and didn't care for them.

we have come up with wonderful sounding flavors and additions. don't need the book but might be nice to have at that price.

babe:chef::chef:

been searching my on line groc. store. i am thinking dried fruits would be great add ins. caramel apple slice would be great in spice cake cookies. cranberries, banana chips , cinnamon chips for carrot cake mix.

bet u all can come up with many more.

babe:chef:

Any suggestions for Carrot cake mix? Somthing other than rasins....

i'm thinking dried pineapple . you would need to cut it smaller. of course. i also found on line groc. store . a product called shaved nuts. in pecans etc. would be smaller than chopped and it is less expensive.

i think the cinnamon chips would also be good in carrot cake mix. :chef:

babe

i put half a coconut marshmallow beneath a dallop (3 to a row) of cookie batter. i mixed my batter (yellow cake mix) with blenderized strawberry special-k. delicious!

last night i made cookies from a lemon cake mix. used just 1/4 oil , 2 tbs water and vanilla. a beautiful cookie, not at all oily and tender. dusted tops with powder sugar.

SO no eggs at all.. how was the batter to spoon out? Were the cookies firmer than the ones made with 2 eggs and 1/2 C oil?

Curious minds want to know. :ermm:

SO no eggs at all.. how was the batter to spoon out? Were the cookies firmer than the ones made with 2 eggs and 1/2 C oil?

Curious minds want to know. :ermm:

i just goofed and didn't type the eggs. used two eggs same as always. every thing else was accurate. they were a little firmer. i think only one tablespoon of water would be the key.

of course they weren't as oily, they did not spread as much. a cake like cookie with a really good texture. they did take 15 min to cook, they did not crumble when i ate them.

babe
sorry bout the goof.

was looking through my cookbook bookcase today and came upon a cake mix book by betty crocker. had lots of cookies in it. more complicated that the one we have been using.

don't even know where i got it. looks new, so maybe one of the book clubs.

if u are interested i will post correct title. its in other room and i am to lazy to go get it. lol

babe:LOL::LOL:

I love pecan cookies, so I bought a Betty Crocker Butter Pecan cake mix. To this I add 1/2 cup of chopped pecans, along with the 1/2 cup of veg. oil and the 2 eggs. They turned out so good. Thanks, babetoo.

I think, if I'm remembering correctly, chapter 7 of your book is all cookies from cake mix, babe. Guess we'd better get busy makin' cookies.:rolleyes:

sounds about right. all i have left is a yellow cake mix. all my mix ins are gone, except some slivered almonds and i think they are to old. oh well , off the market , actually will order when i order groc. on line .

babe:mellow::mellow:

Our youth are having their fourth annual community service conference the beginning of July and their budget is really low. I coordinate lunches and dinners for them and donate a lot of stuff for them to sell in their nightly cafe. These cookies, in various flavours should really be a hit.

Since I make my living off of my home baked cakes, I may have to walk into the grocery store in disguise or pay some kid to go in and get the mixes for me :rolleyes::LOL:.

Back
Top Bottom