Cake mix cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Our youth are having their fourth annual community service conference the beginning of July and their budget is really low. I coordinate lunches and dinners for them and donate a lot of stuff for them to sell in their nightly cafe. These cookies, in various flavours should really be a hit.

Since I make my living off of my home baked cakes, I may have to walk into the grocery store in disguise or pay some kid to go in and get the mixes for me :rolleyes::LOL:.

:ROFLMAO:lol , they can be even more thrifty if u can find mixes on sale. my von's store has philsbury on sale for 89 each. i am stocking up. that even beat the 99cent store.

hope your event does well

babe

Okay, I am experimenting before I do these with the kids. I made an awesome batch of cranberry almond cookies using yellow cake mix and adding dried cranberries, slivered almonds and almond extract! Next up is cherry chocolate chip with cherry chip cake mix and mini chocolate chips and raisin pecan using a spice mix. I have three other mixes to go after that!

Babe, I think you have me addicted to these!

Okay, I am experimenting before I do these with the kids. I made an awesome batch of cranberry almond cookies using yellow cake mix and adding dried cranberries, slivered almonds and almond extract! Next up is cherry chocolate chip with cherry chip cake mix and mini chocolate chips and raisin pecan using a spice mix. I have three other mixes to go after that!

Babe, I think you have me addicted to these!

they are so good, i can understand why . :chef: cherry sounds just awsome

babe

dark choc. chip with peanutbutter and milkchoc chip

Dark choc. cake mix, 1/3 cup oil, one egg, 2 tablespoons expresso syrup , half bag of peanut butter chip / milk choc. chip. The chips came in one bag.
baked at 350 degrees for 10 min. I like my cookie like a cookie not a cakey cookie .

Devil's Food Cake Mix. Added 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal! Rolled them in powdered sugar. YUMMY!

The other day I used a deep chocolate cake mix and added chocolate chips - simple but decadent!!!!! I also tried apple and raisin in a spice mix but they are a little on the soft side. Will try them again and add a little oatmeal to bind them I think. Flavour was excellent!

Today's experiment is a white mix with well drained crushed pineapple and shredded coconut. Sort of a pina colada without the rum!

The other day I used a deep chocolate cake mix and added chocolate chips - simple but decadent!!!!! I also tried apple and raisin in a spice mix but they are a little on the soft side. Will try them again and add a little oatmeal to bind them I think. Flavour was excellent!

Today's experiment is a white mix with well drained crushed pineapple and shredded coconut. Sort of a pina colada without the rum!

that is sounds delicious! Isn't it fun to experiment with different flavors?

jake's cooking chocolate cookies. my friend's kiddo ADORED his vanilla batch. she tried to eat an entire container till her Mom said, 'enough!' he promised her chocolate cookies now. :)

Worked with a lady who brought in cookies to work.
One batch, cake mix cookies, the other batch, ''chocolate peanut butter no bakes''.
She jotted down the recipe for me from memory. They were pretty good. She did say she is not a chocolate lover and prefers it when she makes these without the cocoa powder. Said to make same way only don't use the cp.
I haven't made them yet, but tomorrow I just may.

"Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bakes"
1 stick softened butter
1/2 c white sugar
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c coffee cream or 1/2 & 1/2
1/4 t salt
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 T quality cocoa powder
1 t vanilla
3 c oats

In saucepan, put butter, cream, sugars and salt. Cook until boils, boil at hard boil for 1 minute. Take off heat. Stir in peanut butter and cocoa, vanilla and oats, stirring to blend well and *quickly drop flattened golf ball size patties onto buttered wax paper. will harden up in 1/2 hour. store in plastic container with a lid and put in frig until eaten. She said you have to incorporate the ingredients quickly or they can become crumbly and won't hold shape.

Worked with a lady who brought in cookies to work.
One batch, cake mix cookies, the other batch, ''chocolate peanut butter no bakes''.
She jotted down the recipe for me from memory. They were pretty good. She did say she is not a chocolate lover and prefers it when she makes these without the cocoa powder. Said to make same way only don't use the cp.
I haven't made them yet, but tomorrow I just may.

"Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bakes"
1 stick softened butter
1/2 c white sugar
1 c brown sugar
1/2 c coffee cream or 1/2 & 1/2
1/4 t salt
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 T quality cocoa powder
1 t vanilla
3 c oats

In saucepan, put butter, cream, sugars and salt. Cook until boils, boil at hard boil for 1 minute. Take off heat. Stir in peanut butter and cocoa, vanilla and oats, stirring to blend well and *quickly drop flattened golf ball size patties onto buttered wax paper. will harden up in 1/2 hour. store in plastic container with a lid and put in frig until eaten. She said you have to incorporate the ingredients quickly or they can become crumbly and won't hold shape.

I haven't made cookies in awhile, this sounds good enough to make the effort. :)

LC61, I agree, no reason to heat up the kitchen and you still come out with cookies to munch on. I should say this too, management kept asking where she was with her cookies, in other words, they wanted more, always a good sign, or else they were just hungry for sugar:LOL:

LC61, I agree, no reason to heat up the kitchen and you still come out with cookies to munch on. I should say this too, management kept asking where she was with her cookies, in other words, they wanted more, always a good sign, or else they were just hungry for sugar:LOL:
It's not so much the heat , it is lack of energy to do anything.

Attachments

• aton1979lenergy.jpg
    aton1979lenergy.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 201
  • full_throttle_blue_demon_igallery.gif
    full_throttle_blue_demon_igallery.gif
    5.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 68en.jpg
    68en.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 78
  • 182drink.jpg
    182drink.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 72
  • 184drink.jpg
    184drink.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 75
Been a long dry spell on this thread. I posted this over in "What are you baking today," then thought it should get in here also in case someone likes my concoction. :LOL:

Baked a batch of Oatmeal-Raisin-Walnut-Date cake cookies. Yummo!!!! Made them with Giant Eagle (store brand) Butter Deluxe cake mix. Always on sale for 10 boxes for $10. Added the 2T of water and liked the consistency of the batter much better than without. The oatmeal really consumes the moisture and I added water until I was happy with the mix.

INGREDIENTS:

1 ea. 18.5 oz package Giant Eagle brand (store brand) Ultra Moist Butter Deluxe cake mix (Can also use Duncan Hines Butter Deluxe)
1/2 Cup vegetable oil
2 Eggs – well beaten
2 T Warm water
1/2 Cup oatmeal flakes (any brand)
1/2 Cup raisins (white or red)

Optional:

1/2 Cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 Cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/2 Cup chopped dates

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Combine cake mix, eggs water and oil until smooth. Blend in remaining ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Batter will be a little stiff, but don't be concerned with that.

Drop a slightly rounded teaspoonful of batter 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 12-14 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies using teaspoon, or 3 dozen using a tablespoon.

img_681274_0_f3792f18c72c801b219ff9bb33ecc447.jpg

Joe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhUFxaauNTE

Last edited:
Those sound great, Joe. Perfect for fall. You said "yum" in your description, so they must've tasted pretty good. They look super. Next time you make them, you might want to try a touch of cinnamon. I need to try these soon. Thanks for sharing.

Joe,

They look great. One questions though, bake for how long at what temperature?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom