"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 05-16-2008, 10:28 PM   #61
Master Chef

175!?!?! Man we are in way over our head, we are gonna have to split this up and assign recipes to everyone to try, LOL.
Hmm.... from Pink lemonade cookies to Pina Colada cookies... love the sound of those!
The lemon and coconut cookies were awesome! But now I am thinking banana cake mix with coconut and pineapple!
Sooo many cake mix cookie ideas, so little time!

Old 05-16-2008, 10:35 PM   #62
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
Hey, who needs a cookbook when you have DC!

Old 05-16-2008, 10:51 PM   #63
Head Chef

I guess you have a point there!
Old 05-17-2008, 06:13 AM   #64
Master Chef

Site Moderator

So last night I tried for the Orange-Pineapple cookies using a plain white cake mix. Added the zest of 1 large orange and an 8 oz can of crushed pineapple. Not too bad but I think I am going to try them with more pineapple and maybe the zest of 2 oranges. There was not enough of the flavors to mix into all the cookies evenly. Some had pineapple and some didn't. Stay tuned as we have to get through these 3 doz cookies before I make the next batch
Old 05-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #65
Master Chef

DW called on the phone from her job site, wanted to know how to get my prescriptions filled (I had meant to do that yesterday but forgot them in the car) since she had them with her. While we were talking she suggested she pick up some cake mix at the store to make cake mix cookies, so I am guessing we have her hooked as well!
I told her to pick up some banana cake mix, shredded coconut, a jar of cherries, and some crushed pineapple for Pina Colada Cookies. But I am thinking, wouldn't some Malibu Coconut flavored rum go good in them? Or maybe a plain yellow cake mix with Malibu Banana Flavored Rum, shredded coconut, and crushed Pineapple?
The cherry is just for decoration, plop one in the center of each cookie at the end of baking.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:26 PM   #66
Master Chef

How about marinading dried cherries in Amarreto , then using it in the cake mix . I don't use liquor or other alcohol but I do have Amarreto syrup, no alcohol in it and so tasty. I like the cherries with it in chocolate cake mix cookies. I also have dried blueberries I plan to try with yellow cake mix.
Old 05-17-2008, 03:30 PM   #67
Chef Extraordinaire

i made them last night with swiss chocolate cake mix . put in chopped cherrys.

must have undercooked them. made huge ones so oven not on so long in heat. they tend to fall apart. very fudgy. don't taste any difference between swiss or regular chocolate.

babe
Old 05-17-2008, 06:32 PM   #68
Master Chef

She came back with Cherry Chip cake mix.... I don't have anything to put in that?? She didn't bring any white chocolate chips or nuts or anything. I think I may have some crushed peanuts around here but I don't think that will go with them too well.
Any ideas? I am thinking I am just going to have to go out and get something to put in them to finish them. She said I could just do it as is nothing added, and I said no you have to add something to them to finish them off... or maybe I am just turning into some sort of food snob?!?!
Old 05-17-2008, 06:33 PM   #69
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by babetoo View Post
i made them last night with swiss chocolate cake mix . put in chopped cherrys.

must have undercooked them. made huge ones so oven not on so long in heat. they tend to fall apart. very fudgy. don't taste any difference between swiss or regular chocolate.

babe
Maybe too much moisture? I know that is always my problem, and I think the cherries bring extra moisture to the mix. But just a guess, but I do like the concept of a chocolate covered cherry cookie!
Old 05-17-2008, 06:44 PM   #70
Master Chef

Just baked a batch of Spiced cake mix cookies with currants ... oh so good !

Tags
None