Cake mix cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
today i wanted something chocolate and crunchy. no flour in house, so took a fudge cake mix. added two eggs and 1/2 cup oil, for the basic cookie mix. took about a cup and a half of special k ceral and crushed it with meat pounder , in a bag of course. put that in cookie dough.

they are really, really good and filled my want.

ps, cheap too, only paid a dollar for cake mix. three doz cookies

babe:chef::chef:

Sounds like a good idea Babe...Will have to give it a try..Thanks for the idea.

kadesma:)

Are these the cake mix cookies you were talking about in the other thread?? LOL.
Thanks for the recipe, it does sound good. DW is not a huge chocolate fan, so maybe I might try a lemon cake mix and shredded coconut or something?

Are these the cake mix cookies you were talking about in the other thread?? LOL.
Thanks for the recipe, it does sound good. DW is not a huge chocolate fan, so maybe I might try a lemon cake mix and shredded coconut or something?

now that sound great maverick, i have a pineapple cake mix in the cupboard. that would work well also.

re other thread, probably, i tend to repeat myself as i get older. lol

babe:ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

now that sound great maverick, i have a pineapple cake mix in the cupboard. that would work well also.

re other thread, probably, i tend to repeat myself as i get older. lol

babe:ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Sorry I wasn't very clear, I meant you mentioned cake mix cookies with Special K (I think it was you, maybe I am loosing my mind? LOL) in another thread in passing, and I asked what they were.
Then this thread showed up, so now I know, cool!

Now I need to add lemon cake mix and shredded coconut to my grocery list! And the Special K and brownie mix as me and the kids would love that, and DW will eat the unused Special K as she loves that!
:LOL:

Sorry I wasn't very clear, I meant you mentioned cake mix cookies with Special K (I think it was you, maybe I am loosing my mind? LOL) in another thread in passing, and I asked what they were.
Then this thread showed up, so now I know, cool!

Now I need to add lemon cake mix and shredded coconut to my grocery list! And the Special K and brownie mix as me and the kids would love that, and DW will eat the unused Special K as she loves that!
:LOL:

i am glad u are trying it. the yellow mix make a pretty fair imitation of sugar cookies.

i looked for cookies called special k cookies but found i had no flour. too much bread making i guess.

enjoy

babe:LOL:

today i wanted something chocolate and crunchy. no flour in house, so took a fudge cake mix. added two eggs and 1/2 cup oil, for the basic cookie mix. took about a cup and a half of special k ceral and crushed it with meat pounder , in a bag of course. put that in cookie dough.

they are really, really good and filled my want.

ps, cheap too, only paid a dollar for cake mix. three doz cookies

babe:chef::chef:

You're a genius! Thanks for posting this. I am going to try it tomorrow! Yum! I keep those brownie mixes on hand for when I 'NEED' an easy chocolate fix. Glad to have an easy variation to do with them. :)

Made these last night. I used the Lemon Supreme cake mix, two eggs, 1/2 cup veggie oil, and 2 cups shredded coconut.
DW can't believe just how good they were, and that they basically came from a cake mix! Super moist and very flavorful. It made 25 large cookies, none left over!!

Made these last night. I used the Lemon Supreme cake mix, two eggs, 1/2 cup veggie oil, and 2 cups shredded coconut.
DW can't believe just how good they were, and that they basically came from a cake mix! Super moist and very flavorful. It made 25 large cookies, none left over!!

i am so glad you and DW liked them. they sound yummy. i love lemon cookies. i have a pineapple cake mix, was thinking would be great with chopped cheeries and nuts.

babe:chef:

i am so glad you and DW liked them. they sound yummy. i love lemon cookies. i have a pineapple cake mix, was thinking would be great with chopped cheeries and nuts.

That sounds good too! DW came up with Cherry Supreme cake mix and white chocolate chips! Gonna try that next, or maybe after the pineapple ones!

I'm gonna have to get these on paper tonight. Would be great fast desserts for company this week. Server em warm with vanilla ice cream I think!!!

Thanks all !!!

guys, this all sounds like super genius...quick & easy, but still able to enjoy fresh-from the oven-tastiness. let me get this right: you can use any type of cake mix you want to experiment with, but instead of adding whatever it tells you to on the box, go with a pair of eggs & 1/2c oil, plus something else to make the batter thicker? that's it, it's really that easy?? :ohmy:

i'll be getting odd looks in the cake mix aisle as i stare veerrrrrry thoughtfully at all the boxes... :LOL:

yes fireweaver, but, you don't need anything to make it thicker. They are ooey gooey and good.
I have been making these for years. I roll the chocolate ones in powdered sugar though. I will put strawberry jam/jelly on the yellow cake by making a small indention.

Last edited:
guys, this all sounds like super genius...quick & easy, but still able to enjoy fresh-from the oven-tastiness. let me get this right: you can use any type of cake mix you want to experiment with, but instead of adding whatever it tells you to on the box, go with a pair of eggs & 1/2c oil, plus something else to make the batter thicker? that's it, it's really that easy?? :ohmy:

i'll be getting odd looks in the cake mix aisle as i stare veerrrrrry thoughtfully at all the boxes... :LOL:

There is bound to be some experimentation involved in this, but basically yes that is it. If needed you can add some flour to thicken the batter up.

yes fireweaver, but, you don't need anything to make it thicker. They are ooey gooey and good.
I have been making these for years. I roll the chocolate ones in powdered sugar though. I will put strawberry jam/jelly on the yellow cake by making a small indention.

will certainly steal your ideas.

babe:ROFLMAO:

There is bound to be some experimentation involved in this, but basically yes that is it. If needed you can add some flour to thicken the batter up.

never had to add flour or anything else to make dough thicker. u may add, nuts , chopped fruit, choco chips or what ever your little heart wants. i added crushed special k to a batch of chocolate.

the pineapple ones very delicate, but grown grandson loved em.

Ours was a little runny, we added 1/4 cup flour and they were just right. Might be variances in the cake batter, might be that we used the 'veggie' eggs and when compared to regular grade A large eggs, they are larger and to me seem to have thicker whites and richer yolks.
Couldn't tell you for sure.

Ours was a little runny, we added 1/4 cup flour and they were just right. Might be variances in the cake batter, might be that we used the 'veggie' eggs and when compared to regular grade A large eggs, they are larger and to me seem to have thicker whites and richer yolks.
Couldn't tell you for sure.

what are veggie eggs? i use extra large eggs only. the ones i buy in store always seem to small in large.

babe:LOL:

Vegetarian fed, hormone and anti-biotic free, cage free eggs. We buy the brown ones and their large size is about the size of the x-large regular eggs in the store. We use these for eating not baking. Since most recipes call for large eggs, we buy whatever eggs are on sale, grade A large, for baking.
In this case we were out so we used the Veggie Eggs, I suppose I should call em Cage Free, LOL. Two of them are almost like three regular large eggs, so I thought this might account for the extra moisture.
Baking is not my strong suite, so I am not surprised when I have to adjust a recipe because it is too thick or too thin. I usually figure it is something I did not the recipe, and it usually is! LOL.

Back
Top Bottom