Cake mix cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
175!?!?! Man we are in way over our head, we are gonna have to split this up and assign recipes to everyone to try, LOL.
Hmm.... from Pink lemonade cookies to Pina Colada cookies... love the sound of those!
The lemon and coconut cookies were awesome! But now I am thinking banana cake mix with coconut and pineapple!
Sooo many cake mix cookie ideas, so little time!

So last night I tried for the Orange-Pineapple cookies using a plain white cake mix. Added the zest of 1 large orange and an 8 oz can of crushed pineapple. Not too bad but I think I am going to try them with more pineapple and maybe the zest of 2 oranges. There was not enough of the flavors to mix into all the cookies evenly. Some had pineapple and some didn't. Stay tuned as we have to get through these 3 doz cookies before I make the next batch

DW called on the phone from her job site, wanted to know how to get my prescriptions filled (I had meant to do that yesterday but forgot them in the car) since she had them with her. While we were talking she suggested she pick up some cake mix at the store to make cake mix cookies, so I am guessing we have her hooked as well!
I told her to pick up some banana cake mix, shredded coconut, a jar of cherries, and some crushed pineapple for Pina Colada Cookies. But I am thinking, wouldn't some Malibu Coconut flavored rum go good in them? Or maybe a plain yellow cake mix with Malibu Banana Flavored Rum, shredded coconut, and crushed Pineapple?
The cherry is just for decoration, plop one in the center of each cookie at the end of baking.

How about marinading dried cherries in Amarreto , then using it in the cake mix :). I don't use liquor or other alcohol but I do have Amarreto syrup, no alcohol in it and so tasty. I like the cherries with it in chocolate cake mix cookies. I also have dried blueberries I plan to try with yellow cake mix.

i made them last night with swiss chocolate cake mix . put in chopped cherrys.

must have undercooked them. made huge ones so oven not on so long in heat. they tend to fall apart. very fudgy. don't taste any difference between swiss or regular chocolate.

babe

She came back with Cherry Chip cake mix.... I don't have anything to put in that?? She didn't bring any white chocolate chips or nuts or anything. I think I may have some crushed peanuts around here but I don't think that will go with them too well.
Any ideas? I am thinking I am just going to have to go out and get something to put in them to finish them. She said I could just do it as is nothing added, and I said no you have to add something to them to finish them off... or maybe I am just turning into some sort of food snob?!?!
:LOL::ROFLMAO:

must have undercooked them. made huge ones so oven not on so long in heat. they tend to fall apart. very fudgy. don't taste any difference between swiss or regular chocolate.

babe

Maybe too much moisture? I know that is always my problem, and I think the cherries bring extra moisture to the mix. But just a guess, but I do like the concept of a chocolate covered cherry cookie!

babe

Big ones take longer to cook and don't hold togther as well as the smaller ones. Try using a heaping Tablespoon to drop the rounds.

But what if you do like the bigger cookies? Is there a trick to making them so they hold together better? Cause mine fall apart as well...

Mine have never fallen apart. I use a #70 ice cream scoop/disher to portion out my cake mix cookies/all cookies. The cookies produced are about 3 inches in diameter. I have about 4 or 5 different scoops/dishers I use for cookies/candies/meatballs. Just me.

Mine have never fallen apart. I use a #70 ice cream scoop/disher to portion out my cake mix cookies/all cookies. The cookies produced are about 3 inches in diameter. I have about 4 or 5 different scoops/dishers I use for cookies/candies/meatballs. Just me.

Was that bragging??:LOL:

I should have been more specific on cookie size, when I say large I mean about 4" or larger. 3" to me is about standard, but seems when I try to do those large or jumbo cookies (which I absolutely love as long as they are soft and chewy!) they fall apart.

Was that bragging??:LOL:

I should have been more specific on cookie size, when I say large I mean about 4" or larger. 3" to me is about standard, but seems when I try to do those large or jumbo cookies (which I absolutely love as long as they are soft and chewy!) they fall apart.

Yeah, yeah, yeah! :LOL::LOL: No, not bragging. But maybe a lack of moisture might be the problem. Maybe adding a little water or fruit juice appropriate to the cookie's flavor might help.

I'm not sure how to make them hold together at that size since the basis of the cookie is a cake mix and they are usually moist, soft, and crumbly. We are really making mini-cakes here that are cookie sized. Maybe lower baking temp and longer cooking time to firm the bottoms a bit more????? :idea:

dave, that is what i did. and think it was too short of cooking time. will do again of course and let u know what happens.

babe:wacko:

babe,

I bake mine for 10-12 minutes on a parchment line cookie sheet at 350 degrees and have the oven rack at the top 1/3 setting.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom