Calling All Pizzelle Experts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CarolPa

Executive Chef
This is only my second time making pizzelles, the first time being a year ago. I made some today. The first batch turned out near perfect, with a few quirks. Before mixing the second batch of batter, I let the pizzelle maker cool down, wiped it and sprayed it the same way I did the first time. Mixed the second batch the same as the first, as far as I know. The second batch was terrible. Some stuck, some fell apart, I got very few nice ones out of that batch.

What could have contributed to this? I want to know what I did wrong so I can avoid it in the future. My pizzelle maker does not have a light that tells you when it's ready, etc.

My pizzelle maker does have a light but one of the recipes I use says, "[FONT=&quot]Preheat a pizzelle iron until a drop of water sizzles on the hot surface, about 10 minutes. Lightly spray the hot surface with nonstick cooking spray. Pipe or spoon about a tablespoon of the batter into the center of each cookie imprint. Close the iron and cook until whiffs of steam comes from the iron, about 30 to 45 seconds. "

Perhaps the drop of water suggestion and the cooking time will help with your dilemma.

I love pizzelle and also like to roll them over a cannoli form and fill with some sort of filling.
[/FONT]

Thanks for the info. Maybe I did not let it heat up enough the second time. The ones I did get turned out good. I also have another pizzelle machine that makes 4 smaller ones. I bought it at Goodwill and have never tried it. I think that one might be good for rolling and filling them. I've seen recipes for the filling.

Back
Top Bottom