Can you freeze cookie dough? recipes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanwingen

Cook
Can you freeze cookie dough?

Does anyone have any awesome cookie dough recipes that you can freeze?

thanks!

Cookie/biscuit dough is always awesome to freeze as you can make a double or even triple batch and freeze what you don't bake. This applies especially when the type of cooking you are making is shaped by slicing it from a log of cookie dough. Just form the log then wrap it tightly. When you want to bake it, bull it out of the freezer and let it defrost in the fridge then simply proceed as normal.

When it comes to drop/scoop cookies (those shaped by portioning out the dough into balls) then it would be best to form these balls and then freeze the dough. This also applies to those cut from a sheet of dough.

Just ensure that you wrap it very tightly with al-foil and plastic wrap to avoid it drying out or suffering from freezer burn.

Chocolate chip freezes well. So does white choclate macadamia nut. I've also frozen a chocolate with peanut butter chip dough. These are all crispy/crunchy drop cookies. Due to space limitations I froze the dough in freezer container or rolled into logs. I make a soft sugar cake and they are very cake-like and the dough is really a thick batter and must be baked as soon as mixed.

I'm not sure about homemade cookie dough (although I have read it is safe to freeze) but I know the store bought stuff freezes great. I buy a bunch when on sale for my daughter and a particular recipe from pampered chef - the chocolate chip cups with a kiss in the middle.

Homemade chocolate chip dough freezes great as long as you have it well wrapped of in a good freezer container. Whe I was more organized I'd make up my choclate chip dough for Christmas baking over the summer when I had much more time. I need to start doing that again. It really helps when things get hectic.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom