CCC w/Bacon suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
josh, send me some to try, never mind the naysayers. i applaud your persistence.

i'm a bit dismayed at any foodies who would make up their minds before trying something. even then, it's merely a matter of personal taste. humble pie with bacon might be good.

or it might be gross. but that's the point.

btw, was i the only one who wondered why the civilian conservation corps needed bacon? :)

I, for one, don't need to actually taste some things to know that the combined flavors of the ingredients would be something I wouldn't care for.

Mixing sweet chocolate with salty bacon is one of those flavor mixes I know, without trying, that I would not care for. I don't say it's disgusting or nasty, but just a combination of flavors that I wouldn't find appealing.

Like corn bread with Mayo on it. Or watermelon with garlic powder. I'm certainly no food snob, but some things I will just never try.

you never know, tim. you might surprise yourself with something someday. as the expression goes, only a closed mind is certaiin

of course, these are all just opinions, including my own.

you never know, tim. you might surprise yourself with something someday. as the expression goes, only a closed mind is certaiin

of course, these are all just opinions, including my own.
In most cases, as with this one, I would try a taste. I've said here and elsewhere, I will try anything that someone else eats while I"m looking. Odd foods have never scared me off.

that's the spirit.

a true foodie will try most things at least once, just to see. (everyone has their gross out limits. but bacon cookies ain't one of them)

most people who post here are looking for encouragement; a simpatico of sorts; an esprit de corps.

not to be told their ideas are vomitaceous just from supposition.

so, bring on the civillian conservation corps, their bacon, and their chocolate chips. :mrgreen:

I, for one, don't need to actually taste some things to know that the combined flavors of the ingredients would be something I wouldn't care for.

Mixing sweet chocolate with salty bacon is one of those flavor mixes I know, without trying, that I would not care for. I don't say it's disgusting or nasty, but just a combination of flavors that I wouldn't find appealing.

Like corn bread with Mayo on it. Or watermelon with garlic powder. I'm certainly no food snob, but some things I will just never try.

I'm surprised you'd say this, because I can tell just by the ingredients that I'd like this for sure. That's the main reason I won't try this recipe, because I know that it would be bad for me, but I understand what tastes good, and why.

Here is the recipe I used

225g Sugar
225g Brown Sugar
8oz/1 cup of Butter
2 Eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon white vinegar
500g flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
12oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
16oz bacon

Bacon Part:

Preheat oven to 400ºF

Line baking sheets with foil, line up the bacon strips to fill the sheets. Bake in the oven for 10 mins, give each strip a flip .. bake for another 10 mins.

Remove bacon from oven & sheets, let them cool off on another sheet or something, lined with paper towels to soak up the grease.

Once cooled/dried .. crumble or chop the bacon into small chips (about 1/4 in) .. set aside.

Cookies Part:

Preheat oven to 375ºF

Place sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla and vinegar in large bowl. Beat for 1 to 1 ½ minutes, or until smooth.

Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Beat until blended. Add chocolate chips and bacon, beat until combined.

Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto parchment paper'ed baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375ºF for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from baking sheets immediately and cool on wire racks.

Attachments

• IMG_0456.jpg
    IMG_0456.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_0459.jpg
    IMG_0459.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0460.jpg
    IMG_0460.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 182
josh, send me some to try, nevermnd the naysayers. i applaud your persistence.

i'm a bit dismayed at any foodies who would make up their minds before trying something. even then, it's merely a matter of personal taste. humble pie with bacon might be good.

or it might be gross. but that's the point.

btw, was i the only one who wondered why the civillian conservation corps needed bacon? :)
If you really want a couple .. I'll seal them up in Ziplock and a padded envelope :chef: .. just PM me your address

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom