Cherry flavored chips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
I bought a package because I wanted them at some point last year and couldn't find them after the holidays. They're just the cherry flavored white "chocolate" baking morsels.
Now I can't remember what I wanted them for! :rolleyes:
Any thoughts on what you would bake with them?

Any thoughts on what you would bake with them?
EVERYTHING!!!!!

Seriously, those sound so good. Chocolate and cherry is one of my favorite flavor combos! I would make Pancakes, muffins, cookies, and anything else I could with those.

hmmmm.... a fudgy cherry chip cookie......
THAT could be GREAT!
But I haven't met the perfect chocolate cookie recipe as of yet....

Mary made something similar this weekend. It was a chocolate cookie and used cherry extract and cherry flavored dried cranberrys. They were great! I think the dried fruit was put out by Ocean Spray under the name of Craisons? I think a cherry flavored chip would work great with a chocolate based cookie.

when the markets went on strike , several years ago strange things showed up in stores. raspberry chips were one. i made layered bar cookies with them. yummy and big hit. haven't seen them since. nor the cherry ones. bet you could use some of the new flavors in Hersey's kisses. in cookies, or melted for a glaze
cherry chips would be wonderful in a simple drop sugar cookies. will look for them.

If I remember correctly, my cherry obsessed friend, we mentioned them in the cake mix cookie thread. I think, maybe, don't quote me on that.
But they would be good on that, though. A fudge cake mix, or a cherry cake mix. Also on and in a cheese cake would be good.

Back
Top Bottom