Choco Chip Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

triplettomy

Assistant Cook
Looking for an easy recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies that I make for a meeting I have coming up on Wednesday.

Doh, I have a great one -- back at home in Dallas, where I am not currently.

Hint, I add finely chopped pecans to mine. But, you have to be careful with that when making them for a bunch of people, due to nut allergies, and all. They are great without nuts, too.

I also have found Butter-Flavored Crisco to be the best fat. My mom refuses to use it, even while my dad gobbles down my CC cookies.

I make my own vanilla extract, too, but now I'm just bragging. A high-quality store bought vanilla works fine in CC cookies.

That wasn't a whole lot of help, but it's all I can do from a hotel room in Memphis.

CD

These are the ones I make most often.

Aunt Bea’s Big Cookies

1 cup Butter Crisco
½ cup Smuckers natural peanut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup dark brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 big teaspoon of vanilla
2 cups AP flour
½ t salt
½ t baking powder
1 t baking soda
2 cups quick oats
2 cups of stuff - nuts, raisins, dates, craisons, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, m&ms, candy bits, coconut etc. The combinations are endless.

Heat oven to 350. Cream together first 4 ingredients. Add eggs and vanilla. Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and soda. Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Then add the oats. Finally, mix in the “stuff”. Use an ice cream scoop to drop on cookie sheet and flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on racks.

I cut the sugars in half when I make these and sometimes I leave out the peanut butter.

If you are in a hurry make a batch of Congo Bars/Blondies.

https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-pecan-blondies.html

Good luck!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom