Chocolate Chip Cookies on TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GhettoRacingKid

Sous Chef
So the other day I was watching a show on TV. I will not name it.

So basiclly I turned it one and 1 Cookie was a standard chocolate chip cookie with walnuts and is supposed to be like this wow cookie. Ill try one one day but I wasnt impressed jsut by the look of it and the texture when broken open. I honeslty thing that It was under cooked on purpose but might be a health code violation because it was seriously like raw.

So then the other Cookie featured which was supposed to be equal to or better. It was flat and was like umm garbage.

So in watching this it really jsut boosted my cookie ego. I know I make some pretty mean cookies as a co-worker says. and I got a cookie rep here at work and starting to get one on this board. Thanks LEF.

Now to me a perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie should be crunchy but soft, chewy but tender. It should be high and light and most importantly should beable to soak up some milk with out falling apart.

None of these cookies had that.

So what is your perfect chocolate chip cookie?

Do you make the perfect chocolate chip cookie or are you still searching?

Figured I would share my observation.

Remember I don't bake and I know nothing about it....so...I put my chocolate chip cookies on the rack to cool - when I came back all the dough had fallen through and there were just chips left on the rack..............:LOL: I was only mad 'cause I had to clean up that mess! I always make the worst mess when I bake!!!!!!!!!! The cookies.....just par for the course! We still ate what fell through :chef: I guess you're supposed to leave them on the pan for a bit?

I pretty much use the recipe on the bag but an added trick I do I believe adds to how good they come out.
As the cookies are spreading out and starting to brown, when they are still very pliable I take the spatula and push them back to the center to make them thick again. This I believe assures them to stay soft and chewy and have attractive texture instead of flat frisbees.

I use a recipe from "Got Milk" and my cookie hounds love them! I've never been good at cookies before but this book has been my bible!

And, by the way,, Gidgett (pictured) learned to bring a tissue when someone sneezes by way of these cookies! She can not, of course, have the chocolate chips but she is nuts about the rest. By the way though the recipe calls for walnuts I always use pecans.

Remember I don't bake and I know nothing about it....so...I put my chocolate chip cookies on the rack to cool - when I came back all the dough had fallen through and there were just chips left on the rack..............:LOL: I was only mad 'cause I had to clean up that mess! I always make the worst mess when I bake!!!!!!!!!! The cookies.....just par for the course! We still ate what fell through :chef: I guess you're supposed to leave them on the pan for a bit?

errmm? Maybe leave them in the oven to cook a little longer? You don't have to leave them on the pan to cool, but if they are falling through your rack then look to make your dough a little less doughy (add flour?) and check you're cooking them at the right temp for the right amount of time.

I've always used the standard tollhouse recipe for my chocolate chip cookies. Well, ok, just a little different, I reduce the sugars from 3/4 to 2/3. Since I can't yet post a URL, just Google Toll House Cookie and you'll get dozen's of links to the Nestle recipe.

I ship large quantities on a regular basis to military folk overseas and the cookies do quite well what with the extreme cold of the flight and the extreme heat on the other end. I've got that recipe memorized!

LL

KE,

All you need to do is put the sheet pan on the coolign rack and let it "rest" so to say. for abotu 5 -8 minutes. they will firm up and be move able. then move them to the cooling rack.

you should be good to go.

Well I like the flat gooey cookies, almost undercooked, and DH likes the fat cake-like cookies. I just read a previous thread re: flat cookies and the advice was to chill the dough, but I know I've used a different recipe than the usual "Tollhouse" and the cookies came out fat and high. Now all I need to do is find a tried and true fat cookie recipe.

I use the 'famous' Neiman Marcus recipe. Don't think the story is true but the cookies are just what I like.

Back
Top Bottom