Chocolate-Chip Supreme Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chocoholic

Senior Cook
Chocolate-Chip Supreme Cookies

Ingredients:
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 (3.4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (optional)
1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats

Beat shortening and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until mixture is creamy; gradually add sugars, beating well. Add eggs, beating until blended. Add pudding mix and vanilla; beat until blended.
Combine flour and next 4 ingredients. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Stir in morsels, pecans, and oats.
Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls; place on lightly greased baking sheets, and press to 1-inch thickness.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool.
Yield: 2 - 3 dozen.

What is " 1 (3.4 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix"?

Is there a substitute?

I promised DW I'd make some CC Cookies & I found this recipe. How can I go past it?
:LOL:

You can get instant pudding mix in Coles and Woolies here Brooksy, its usually near snack packs of fruit and jelly.

mrsmac said:
You can get instant pudding mix in Coles and Woolies here Brooksy, its usually near snack packs of fruit and jelly.

Thanks Mrsmac. I gather these are like the "Yogos". We've got some in the fridge. I originally thought they may have been powder mixes.

I tried the basic Choc Chip Recipe posted by Alix as practice for this one and ended up with huge 'bikkies' because I used a dessertspoon instead of a teaspoon. :LOL: I won't make that mistake again.

Thanks mate.

Last edited:
Whoops I thought they meant powder as well,sorry. I might try it with yogo, although yogo never lasts long in our house.
have a great long weekend Brooksy, are you watching the game on Sunday? Since the Dragons got out I am not as interested!

mrsmac said:
Whoops I thought they meant powder as well,sorry. I might try it with yogo, although yogo never lasts long in our house.
have a great long weekend Brooksy, are you watching the game on Sunday? Since the Dragons got out I am not as interested!

Oh, powdered mix :blush: ok, my mistake, don't forget I am a male. :wacko: I'll have a look next time I'm down there.

I'm a Rabbitoh, but I wanted the Tigers to win (Yippee).

Flew to Narromine for the Wright Flyer Replica Flight on Saturday, recovered Sunday, talking on this thing Monday. All in all a great weekend. Should be mowing the lawn, hope DW doesn't crack the whip. :LOL:

Brooksy said:
Oh, powdered mix :blush: ok, my mistake, don't forget I am a male. :wacko: I'll have a look next time I'm down there.

I'm a Rabbitoh, but I wanted the Tigers to win (Yippee).

Flew to Narromine for the Wright Flyer Replica Flight on Saturday, recovered Sunday, talking on this thing Monday. All in all a great weekend. Should be mowing the lawn, hope DW doesn't crack the whip. :LOL:

The in laws stayed in Dubbo last night on their way down from Darwin and said that every motel was full cause of the airshow.
Rabbitohs????? No accounting for taste!! DH and his dad are going to all their games next season cause FIL is mates with Sean McRae from his Raiders days, Dh said he can put up with watching them if he gets to sit in the coaches box!

rabbitohs.gif
The evolution has started.....

Lucky DH... As long as he doesn't spike Macca's drinks. :LOL:

Beware the cranky Bunny...... :bash: :boxing:

YUMMMMMM!!!

This recipe is so close to one I recall from Girl Guides that we called "Bear track cookies" :mrgreen:

p.s.
I was soooo used to instant pudding in Canada but you can't get it in Ireland (that I've found, yet - if anyone knows otherwise please let me know). But I could probably sub something for it, perhaps a little bit of dried custard powder (Birds brand) and change the ratio of other ingredients :)

Back
Top Bottom