Chocolate Chip (Traditional)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
cool, will check it out next time, if i keep going to the store my bf gets worried LOL, he thinks i go there too much and spend too much hahahaha

i have just never noticed it though, and i have been looking round the baking section a lot lately lol

Rom, just sub in a 1/3 cup of flour instead of the cornstarch. My friend does this regularly and swears the cookies are just as good.

yeah i can make them tonight if i have time, no need to find the cornstarch altho i will look for it anyways and if ican find it make it with that as well and see what they taste like.

i never use brown sugar but once i asked on here about it and so i went and bought some, so im good to go now.

Rom, you will find cornstarch useful in many many areas. Its a wonderful thickener for sauces you would like to keep translucent. (Its also wonderful in place of baby powder on little kids!) And I think once you try brown sugar you will always have it. It has a richer flavour than white sugar. I have to admit, I use it almost exclusively. I even sub out the white sugar in many recipes and use brown. It keeps baked goods moister and chewier, and its better for brining meat than white. I hope you buy some and experiment with it. I bet you will be a fan!

OHH i couldn't make them last nite! my bf suggested we go out for dinner lol
tomorrow nite i am going to a friends for dinner and she won't let me make anything to bring (as if) so i will try to make the cookies and if i don't kill them maybe i will bring them as well. I am also making Coconut Burfi that i found a recipe of and my bf loves.

yes looking forward to trying Brown sugar. I have never brined meat...(perhaps the only person on the site LOL) i only heard about brining meat when i registered on the site LOL - actually since i have conme on this site i put random things in the shopping basket that i never used and my bf looks at me and is like whats that for,..i'm like COOKING hes like good good :)

thats it..the hunt is on....."here cornstarch here boy" lol jokes.

Following this thread finally got to me and I don't even particularly like chocolate chip cookies! But I made a double batch this afternoon and they are so darn good. (My first time making from scratch cookies - I always buy yard-o-dough kind.) Thanks so much for for prompting me to do this - the kids are looking at me in awe!!!
Terry

Did you use Alix's recipe? with or without the cornstarch LOL jokes!

nows the time to get the kids to do stuff...for bathroom cleaning receive 5 cookies, for bedrom cleaning receive 7 cookies LOL jokes

Totally! And now I am jonesing for some chocolate chip cookies so I may bake today. However...I have a couple of bananas that are dying so I need to use those up. Maybe I'll smash 'em and do banana choc chip cookies.

first batch are in the oven...taste good before they went in ;) lets hope i don't kill them!

bananas...now that would taste real GOOD!

:)

OMG THEY HAVE ALMOST trippled in size and are getting stuck together LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

*not to self* next batch..MUCH smaller and less in the baking tray hahaha
(i knew hey would grow...but...omg...LOL)

they LOOK SO FUNNY! BIG round blobs all stuck together, this will be the reasin i have to eat them all i guess ;) ;) :D

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm cookies mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

man mmm YUM ....GOOD COOKIES !!!!!!!!!!!

have now have big cookies with flat side hhahahahaha, next batch are more "petite" looking lol i could say i was going for the really big cookie look that u get in the vending machines hahahaha.

These are really good, the coconut gives it the extra touch YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!

Oh yeah we figured that out LOL quite funny when we did because i had a couple boxes in the cupboard lol

Back
Top Bottom