Chocolate Lovers Run, Do Not Walk, to This Cookie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Girl49

Cook
Anyone ever made the Thick and Chewy Double-Chocolate Cookies from Cooks Illustrated's "The Best Recipe?" Wow. If you're trying to delight a chocolate lover, this is the batch to bake. First time I made them they seemed like a bit of work, but second try today very enjoyable and so worth the effort! My husband flipped for them. :flowers:

My own ideal chocolate cookie is somewhat cakier and more like devil's food than "fudge," so I've also tried "Grammy's Chocolate Cookies" from Martha Stewart's "Cookies." While they were cocoa-y, and good when hot from the oven, they didn't have the depth I was hoping for and baked up thin.

Any recipe suggestions for a thick, cake-like devil's food cookie?

Timothy: That's the one. They are REALLY good. Let me know what you think if you decide to try.

I love the Cook's Illustrated recipe! I don't like cakey cookies, and prefer chewy ones, and those are nice and chewy.

My absolute favorite is "Chocolate Espresso Chews."
A Monster of a Cookie
PH2006071301541.jpg

Last edited:
OMG, those sound absolutely wonderful also, merstar! Thank you!

You're very welcome!***Ooh, I forgot to mention, there's a typo in the recipe! It should be 1 1/4 cups flour, NOT 1/4 cup!

merstar said:
You're very welcome!***Ooh, I forgot to mention, there's a typo in the recipe! It should be 1 1/4 cups flour, NOT 1/4 cup!

Oh my. Chocolate + coffee=heaven. As horrid a baker as I am, I just have to try these! Thanks, Merstar and Girl49!

Last edited:
These look awesome! I can see I'm going to have to watch my waistline on this forum! ;)

Your waistline hasn't a chance here! If you're watching what you eat, then make sure you don't read any of MsMoffet's posts! I gain weight just reading them! And the photos she posts...forgetaboutit!

Oh my. Chocolate + coffee=heaven. As horrid a baker as I am, I just have to try these! Thanks, Merstar and Girl49!
Dawg, I have to confess, I always but always add some instant Italian espresso (instant) to anything I bake that has chocolate the instant coffee seems to liven the chocolate.I just love what it does to the taste.
kades

Dawg, I have to confess, I always but always add some instant Italian espresso (instant) to anything I bake that has chocolate the instant coffee seems to liven the chocolate.I just love what it does to the taste.
kades

The only coffee I drink is my Mocha Cafe in the mornings. Two cups every single morning to start my day.

Chocolate and coffee = serious heaven

I have a great chewy molasses cookie recipe I make often, but tired of molasses, I have been longing for a chewy, chocolate cookie for my Xmas baking. Thank you!

kades
I often add a smidgen of ground chilpolte or other pepper to chocolate desserts...

Oh that IS a wonderful idea! I recently bought a hot chocolate mix from a new company called "Purest", a local place....and the product is called "Mexican Hot Chocolate". I think there's a titch of cayenne pepper (or something) in it. Really warms you up without affecting the lovely chocolatey taste.

Try a dash of cayenne in your next cup of hot cocoa!

and I definitely will add some chipotle chili to my chocolatey cookies. Hoping to make some today, but am snowed in, feeling punky with a head cold, and can't seem to get off the computer.

here's a sneezy emoticon to express how I'm feeling today:

sneezing.gif

Back
Top Bottom