"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 07-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #1
Senior Cook

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies

My cousin in CA just emailed me this recipe she makes often, it requires a bag of tiny marshmallows, which she claims is what makes the cookies chewy.
Problem is: my hubby hates marshmallows....and can't believe I would want to make these.
So I'm wondering if I can melt the marshmallows, add the goo to the batter, so he won't see the tiny white gooey lumps inside each cookie...

What do you think? would it work?

Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Makes 44 cookies| Hands-On Time: 20m| Total Time: 1hr 00m
Ingredients

Directions

1. Heat oven to 350 F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
  2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and half the chocolate. Microwave on high, stopping and stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth; let cool slightly. Whisk in the sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
  3. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix). Fold in the marshmallows and the remaining chocolate. Let cool for 15 minutes.
  4. Drop mounds of the dough (about 1 heaping tablespoon each) 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
  5. Bake, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until firm around the edges and cracked on the tops, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

Old 07-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #2
Executive Chef

It might work. Why don't you try it? It just might be really good.

Old 07-31-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
Head Chef

When trying a new recipe, i always make a 1/2 recipe as if it doesn't work out good I don't feel so bad
Old 07-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #4
Senior Cook

I like the idea of making a half batch. I just can't imagine having to eat an entire batch of cookies myself, <burp>
Old 12-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire

These sound amazing, thanks for sharing
Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
Senior Cook

does anyone know if the marshamallows will melt? or will they stay as white globs in the final cookies? I want to try these too.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:24 PM   #7
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma View Post
I like the idea of making a half batch. I just can't imagine having to eat an entire batch of cookies myself, <burp>
Why not. I often eat a whole batch of cookies and No, I don't burp when doing so. Not all at once. Maybe with several cartons of milk. It can be done. Easy actually.

That's why I don't bake cookies, except at Christmas, and mostly they go on plates elsewhere.

Now, I suggest, melt the marshmallow. Stir them into the chocolate while everything is hot. They should dissolve. Probably a different texture than the original. Still good. Otherwise it will be a marshmallow swirl.

Tags
chocolate, cookies