Chocolate Raisin Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bksinbarre

Assistant Cook
I am looking for a recipe that my Mom used to make back in the 60's & 70's. It was in a Reader's Digest Cookbook from that era, Chocolate Raisin Cookies. This was not like any other recipe I have ever found. This was like a milk chocolate cake like cookie but the top was not soft like a cake but the inside was. Any help would be very appreciated.

I would suggest finding a chocolate drop cookie recipe you like from an old cookie book, like Betty Crocker's Cookie book from that era and then adding raisins. You may be able to tinker with it till you get it tasting the way you remember.

Thanks for the reply..but this isn't it. This cookies were not a thin cookie but fat..these were the best cookies ever..:)

I would suggest finding a chocolate drop cookie recipe you like from an old cookie book, like Betty Crocker's Cookie book from that era and then adding raisins. You may be able to tinker with it till you get it tasting the way you remember.

I just might have to do that..thanks

Ok my Mom thinks the recipe was in a Crisco Cookbook called "Praise for the Cook" I found on eBay, but because I an new here I can post a URL yet. If anyone has this book could you please tell me if the book has a recipe for Chocolate Raisin Cookies or Raisin Chocolate Cookies. Thanks so much. :angel:

I don't have the recipe, but I wanted to say that I remember these!!! They were so so so good...I hope someone finds it :D

i thought at first you were talking about chocolate covered raisins in cookie. you weren't but isn't that a cool idea. i think so.[/QUOTE

did a google search for recipes using choco covered raisins. they are quite a few out there.

gonna do it for oatmeal cookies. this is one of my fave candies. :chef:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom