Christmas cookie ideas for kids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
licia said:
I bought a bag of kisses the other day that wasn't wrapped individually - just for cooking, etc. I'd never seen them before. Of course my gs had to taste to make sure they were the same thing as the wrapped ones. Chocolate is his second favorite food - shrimp cottontail is his first!:rolleyes:
I bought some too since DD is 25 and no longer is content to sit and unwrap kisses.

BTW, I have posted several kid-friendly recipes on another site. They are not just for Christmas, but a variety of recipes. If anyone is interested I can start a thread and post them as I have time.

licia said:
I bought a bag of kisses the other day that wasn't wrapped individually - just for cooking, etc. I'd never seen them before. Of course my gs had to taste to make sure they were the same thing as the wrapped ones. Chocolate is his second favorite food - shrimp cottontail is his first!:rolleyes:

shrimp cottontail :LOL: that is too cute!!!

Yummy Snowflakes

You know those paper snowflakes you fold and cut? Well, how about making some you can eat!

What you need:

Flour tortillas

Scissors

Powdered Sugar

An adult to help with the cooking

What to do:

Gently fold the tortilla into quarters (don't crease it, or it will tear). Cut pieces out to make cool snowflake designs when you open it up! (You might wanna practice that part with paper first.)

Here's where the adult comes in. Get them to help you fry the tortilla until it's crispy. Then, sprinkle it with powdered sugar. That's it!

Snow never tasted so good!

If you know how to make tortillas you could add vanilla extract and ground cinnamon for flavor in the tortilla dough. My grandmother used to make them this way - all from scratch! So simple and so yummy! Enjoy and have fun cooking with the kids!

Springerles Cookie Molds

Kids love to make picture designs and decorate cookies. An easy and neat way is to use cookie molds. I found a nice selection of German made Springerles cookie molds at a web store called CookingNaturals.

The molds are listed under fine gifts for the kitchen. A tradtional Springerles cookie recipe comes with the molds. Here it is:

Beat 4 eggs until very light. Gradually beat in 1 lb. powdered sugar. Continue beating 15 minutes with electric mixer.

Add ¼ tsp. anise oil or ½ tsp. anise extract, ½ tsp. salt, 4 ½ c. sifted cake flour, 1 tsp. baking powder and 1 tsp. Cream of Tartar. Mix well.

Roll dough 3/8" thick on pastry cloth. Press mold into dough and roll over backside of mold with rolling pin. Cut apart. Place on greased cookie sheet, which has been sprinkled with anise seed, if desired. Place 1 inch apart. Allow to stand 8 hours or overnight.

Bake at 275 degrees until cookies are very light brown on bottom. Top of cookies should not brown. Designs can be painted with food color when cold.

Hi,

I love to bake Spritzgebaeck... It´s a dough what you can put into a special machine (meatwolf)...

You can also cut it with special forms.....

but look by yourself:

medium_weihnachtspltzchen2004024.jpg

greetings from Germany

Tanja

Back
Top Bottom