Coconut-Cashew-White Chocolate Chip Cookies - TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katie H

Site Moderator
Staff member
I live in the Heartland of the United States
Alix asked about my recipe for the above cookies, but there's nothing magic about them.

I just threw them together using cake mix. What I did was to use one box of coconut cake mix, 2 eggs, a couple of tablespoons water to moisten up the dough, 1/2 cup vegetable oil and some vanilla extract. Then I added some shredded coconut, some toasted chopped cashews, and a cup of white chocolate chips. Dropped them onto a cookie sheet and baked them at 350F for about 12 to 15 minutes, until they were golden brown.

As for the amount of coconut and cashews, I didn't really measure. I guess there was about 3/4 cup of each.

The recipe made about 4 dozen cookies.

They were born out of necessity. I had intended to make another type of cake mix cookie but I didn't have any yellow cake mix. Thought I did but didn't, so had to improvise with what else I had on hand. They're great.

This is a great base recipe, though. DH doesn't like coconut, but I'm thinking a white cake mix with peanuts and dark chocolate chips would be delish! Thanks for posting! :)

Sweet. I'll be making these. I love coconut and I love cashews. I can't imagine both together... but I will know soon.

Do you just add everything to the mixer then turn it on until everything comes together?

Last edited:
Sweet. I'll be making these. I love coconut and I love cashews. I can't imagine both together... but I will know soon.

Do you just add everything to the mixer then turn it on until everything comes together?

Pretty much, pac. I think I mixed the eggs, oil, water and vanilla together, then added the coconut, nuts and chips. Can't remember.

These are pretty forgiving cookies.

Yes, GotGarlic. What I really wanted was to make cookies using the cashews and white chips and a box of butter cake mix. Didn't have that, so I improvised. Worked out great.

I just play with cake mixes a lot of the time when I want some quick cookies. I look in the pantry and see what I have and go from there.

One of my tastiest successes was with butter cake mix, macadamia nuts and white chocolate chips. Yum!

Thanks Katie! I hadn't heard of cake mix cookies. Is this possible with any flavor of cake mix? I might make cookies more often and are they soft or crispy?

Thanks Katie! I hadn't heard of cake mix cookies. Is this possible with any flavor of cake mix? I might make cookies more often and are they soft or crispy?

Cake mix cookies have been around for quite a while and I've been playing with them with huge success.

I've used all kinds of cake mixes. In the fall, I like to use carrot, spice or caramel cake mix with add-ins of raisins and nuts. Sometimes I'll add Heath bits to caramel cake mix.

I often simply look in the pantry and see what kind of mix I have and let inspiration take me...wherever.

They can be soft or crunchy depending on how much water you add to them and how long they're cooked.

As I said earlier, they're very forgiving. Most of the time I get at least 3 dozen cookies out of a box of mix.

I've never seen a coconut cake mix. I am going to give these a try asap but I think I might use hazelnuts instead of cashews. Thanks Katie.

I've never seen a coconut cake mix. I am going to give these a try asap but I think I might use hazelnuts instead of cashews. Thanks Katie.

Alix, it was a Duncan Hines mix. Of course now that the cookies are done, I realize I could have used some coconut milk instead of water to make them. I had a small amount of coconut milk left from something else and I'd put it in the freezer. Oh, well, there's always next time.

Gee Katie, my daughter's appetite is off due to the chemo. But she loves coconut and nuts. These sound so easy they are going to be sitting in her home real soon. Thanks a bunches, as my kids used to say!

And this is how the recipe looks when written out according to your directions.

Coconut-Cashew-White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Preheat oven to 350ºF.

One box of coconut cake mix
2 eggs
2 tablespoons water (or coconut milk) to moisten dough
½ cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¾ cup shredded coconut
¾ cup toasted chopped cashews
1 cup of white chocolate chips

Dropped them onto a cookie sheet for 12 to 15 minutes, until they are golden brown.

The recipe makes approximately 4 dozen cookies.

For those who want to paste and copy.
:angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Gee Katie, my daughter's appetite is off due to the chemo. But she loves coconut and nuts. These sound so easy they are going to be sitting in her home real soon. Thanks a bunches, as my kids used to say!

And this is how the recipe looks when written out according to your directions.

Coconut-Cashew-White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Preheat oven to 350ºF.

One box of coconut cake mix
2 eggs
2 tablespoons water (or coconut milk) to moisten dough
½ cup vegetable oil
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
¾ cup shredded coconut
¾ cup toasted chopped cashews
1 cup of white chocolate chips

Dropped them onto a cookie sheet for 12 to 15 minutes, until they are golden brown.

The recipe makes approximately 4 dozen cookies.

For those who want to paste and copy.
:angel:

That's about it, Addie. I didn't really measure the add-ins. I just emptied what was left of a bag of white chips and threw in a handful of coconut and whatever cashews I had. The quantities of those ingredients are pretty much up to the person making the cookies.

That's about it, Addie. I didn't really measure the add-ins. I just emptied what was left of a bag of white chips and threw in a handful of coconut and whatever cashews I had. The quantities of those ingredients are pretty much up to the person making the cookies.

There is one error. It says two tablespoons. That should read "two teaspoons of vanilla. Sorry. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom