"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies
Old 03-31-2009, 09:17 PM   #11
Head Chef
I have just recently begun to enjoy baking cookies. I make chocolate chip with lots of walnuts, and oatmeal scotchies (with lots of walnuts). Sometimes I'll use a really good whole wheat flour (Wheat Montana), some wheat germ, toss in some coconut, almost a granola cookie. I mostly enjoy baking them for others. Currently, there is a professor on campus that has been a great listener. I make them for him. In fact, I have some ready to take to him tomorrow!

Wyogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 06:53 AM   #12
Senior Cook
Like Callisto and Asmodean I admire some friends of mine that bake, make desserts and never eat them. I wish I was at times I had that frame of mind, then I will bake more often. The thing is If I am trying my own cookie recipe, I have to taste them before I can say, yes that is perfect. I should get others to taste it for me but I have to find out myself, lol!! Any excuse to indulge myself!!!
Yes, bread making, something I am going to go into next. Fancy making sun dried tomato and poppy seed bread, using fresh yeast. I am guessing you get better results using fresh yeast.

fahriye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #13
Senior Cook
I enjoy cookies when the recipe is a challenge or when I decorate them; I also love to experiment and compare results. That goes for other baking, too. I think what I most enjoy is getting something perfectly right and giving it away. Along those lines, I also enjoy decorating cookies with rolled fondant or icing.
whole milk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #14
Senior Cook
I like to bake the cookies and then have others enjoy them. I usually eat one cookie at the most out of each batch, just to sample it.
Let's Pour Tea!
Calya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #15
Head Chef
I bake to eat; therefore I am.
Scotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:51 AM   #16
Assistant Cook
I really enjoy baking cookies, almost more than eating them.
cookiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:20 PM   #17
Assistant Cook
Originally Posted by worldview View Post
For those of you that make cookies do you enjoy the experience of baking or the end result ie: eating (tasting). And by that I mean those of you who know more than just the chocolate chip recipe
The eating, of course! Although the baking (and especially the smell) is fun too.

For me, nothing beats shortbread (unadulterated, without sugar sprinkled on top). I've tried all sorts of experiments with chocolate, frosting (yes, really), cocoa, cinnamon, vanilla and various 'flavourings'.

I've even tried different types of flour (a gluten-free flour produced a completely different texture for example), but I always return to the original and delightfully simple 3-ingredient recipe.

Hmmm...time to get baking!

megaresp is offline   Reply With Quote