"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 04-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Cookie dough advice

I'm making some cookies today. I'd like to make about half of the cookies today and the other half tomorrow.

I was planning on putting the dough in the fridge overnight. Do I need to bring the dough back to room temp tomorrow before baking or can I scoop the cold dough on to the baking sheets and bake them right away? I know that if your butter is too soft then your cookies will come out flat but what about when the butter is cold?

Thanks for any advice!

Old 04-05-2008, 08:03 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to suziquzie
What kind are you making?
I did that with oatmeal raisin last week... I just scooped up the cold stuff the next day and rolled it into balls, baked just fine. Almost a little better maybe than the 1st days. It rolled nicely too, not sticky all over my hands. Just have to mash it a little.

Old 04-05-2008, 08:15 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziquzie View Post
What kind are you making?
I did that with oatmeal raisin last week... I just scooped up the cold stuff the next day and rolled it into balls, baked just fine. Almost a little better maybe than the 1st days. It rolled nicely too, not sticky all over my hands. Just have to mash it a little.
Its a double chocolate cookie. There is melted chocolate in the batter too. My dough may get too hard.
Old 04-05-2008, 08:35 PM   #4
Sous Chef

Send a message via AIM to AMSeccia
Yum, sounds awful good! I would probably give it a 15-min warm-up so it's neither too warm or cold. If you like a softer, slightly undercooked cookie I wouldn't even bother (my DH prefers that way).

Tags
None