Cookie Exchange Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a really easy one, and it makes big cookies:chef:

Soft Lemon Iced Cookies

Cookies:
1 stick butter, room temp
1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs
2 c. flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1½ Tbsp FRESH lemon juice
Grating from that same lemon

Icing:
Mix 2 c. powdered sugar (MUST be without lumps!)
and ¼ c. fresh lemon juice together. Let sit for a few
minutes so it sets up a bit before you ice the cookies.

Preheat oven to 375.
Cream together butter & sugar. Add eggs & mix.
While mixer is going, slowly add flour & baking powder.
When well mixed, add lemon juice and rind.

Use a small ice cream scoop to scoop out batter into
make 2 Tbsp sized dollops. Roll each into a nice ball and
place on an ungreased cookie sheet. (They should be around
2-3" apart.) Bake 15 minutes, till just golden.

Place cookies on a rack, or tin foil till cool. Frost with icing.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This recipe only makes just over a dozen, so there's no
long commitment to eating them:rolleyes:
But, if you want to freeze them, do so without the icing.

jkath

All the receipes sound great and you are a wonderful person to share all these delicious cookie receipes.

I hope you and your family have a great weekend.

Jill and Jolie

Thansk everyone for all the great recipes! I am just beginning the plan for holiday cookie baking and there are LOTS of good ideas here.

I want to share a couple of mine that are tried and true and are always well received.

Chocolate Raspberry Sticks
2 squares unsweetened chocolate
½ cup butter softened
½ cup sugar
1 egg
2 cups cake flour
1 tsp vanilla
¼ tsp salt
1 cup seedless raspberry jam
6 oz white chocolate (@1 cup white chocolate chips)
Melt the unsweetened chocolate in a double boiler over hot water. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl until light. Add egg and melted chocolate and beat until fluffy. Add vanilla and mix well. Add cake flour, and salt until well blended. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Divide dough into 4 equal parts. Divide each part into 2 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a rope 12 inches long on a lightly floured board. The rope should be about the thickness of a finger. Place each rope about 2 inches apart on the prepared sheets. With the side if your finger (I use a chopstick) press a channel along the length of each rope. Bake 8 minutes until firm.
Melt the white chocolate in a double boiler over hot water. Stir until very smooth. Stir the preserves until smooth. Place preserves in a pastry bag (or heavy plastic sandwich bag, snip off the corner) and run a bead of preserves down the channel of each chocolate rope. Return to the oven for 2 minutes.
When you remove them from the oven, place them on a wire rack to cool. Put the melted white chocolate in a pastry bag (or heavy sandwich bag). Drizzle the ropes with the melted white chocolate. Cut strips into 1 inch lengths. Refrigerate until chocolate is set.
Snickerdoodle Cookies
• 1 1/2 cups Sugar
• 1 cup Shortening -- soft
• 2 each Eggs
• 2 3/4 cups Flour
• 2 teaspoons Cream of tartar
• 1 teaspoon Baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon Salt
• 2 tablespoons Sugar
• 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375F.
Mix 1 1/2 c. sugar, shortening and eggs. Stir in flour, cream of tartar, and soda. Chill dough. Roll dough into balls the size of walnuts. Com- bine 2 t. sugar and cinnamon. Roll cookies in this mixture.
Bake for 8-10 mins., cool completely on wire racks.
Eggnog Cookies
A wonderful addition to your holiday cookie tray. Rich with egg and nutmeg.
Ingredients:
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Directions:
1 In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; gradually stir into creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate until firm.
2 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
3 Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto an unprepared cookie sheet. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies should be lightly browned.
Makes 2 to 3 dozen

Hi bragawave,I would love to make these ! Their so pretty, I have a cousin that loves cookies today is her Birthday . These would make a cute gift. Can you please tell me where to get the molds at ? And what recipe do you use ?
Thank you

Last edited:
Reply to: Katherine47

Hello Katherine47 - The molds I used, to make these particular cookies, were purchased via eBay. If you do a search for "Springerle cookie mold" on eBay, you'll see whatever is currently available on their site. If you'd rather not deal with eBay, I actually have some brand new, duplicate molds... if you're interested in them. If so, feel free to contact me via my direct email address: bragawave@yahoo.com

Back
Top Bottom