Cookie Mix Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
I purchased a cookie mix where you add butter and egg. (Sorry... not much of a baker so I don't do much of my own from scratch recipes.)

My question is after the cookie dough is made, can I roll it up and refrigerate it.... freeze it? How long will it keep?

Thanks!

it's a mix, just open it when you wsant to use it. why would do this ahead of time ?

First of all, the cookie mix makes 3 dozen cookies. Add butter and 1 egg... hard to divide an egg.

Only one person will be eating these cookies so I really don't want to make 3 dozen. I would rather break it up to 4 or 5 cookie batches so when DH wants a chocolate chip cookie, he can pop out package, slice and bake.

Sattie,
if like me you start a recipe, get it done and something stops the use of it. and you can't bake right then.I'd just double wrap it and freeze it.. I wouldn't leave it more than 2 week or a month..Don't take this as gospel though as I'm sure you will get other responses to your question.Not everyone will agree with me, but this is what I'd do.:LOL:
kadesma

I was thinking about doing that kadesma. And I do realize that not everyone will agree that it is the best way. DH was eating some of those Chips AHoy cookies and I tried one and about gagged. I'm not one for cookies and stuff, but I do enjoy them once in a while and would think ANYTHING would be better than the crud out of the bag.

Plus I was looking at it from an economic perspective. Much cheaper this way as opposed to paying almost $4 for a bag of yucky cookies.

Here's another point of view. How about baking all the cookies and freezing those you don't eat right away? I've frozen baked cookies with great success.

All you would need to do is to place the cooled cookies on some Press 'n Seal, put another sheet of Press 'n Seal on top and store the cookies in a freezer bag. When you want a cookie or cookies, just cut around them and put the rest in the freezer.

Heat up the oven and kitchen once and bake once.

sure you can split an egg. beat it and split it into three. or use the yolk one time and the white another time.

I googled freezing cookie dough...(DUH!) and it appears it can be done in a few different ways. You can roll it and wrap tightly in pastic wrap or actually drop it as cookies and freeze the dough that way on the cookie sheet. So I think I'm gonna go that rout. Thanks for the quick replies... I see some fresh baked cookies in the near future!

sattie, you should look into the dh mixes that are smaller. i would split a mix with you ! i also find them too big for me !

I think I ended up with the BC mix which is pretty big bag. I will try and look for the DH mix next time. Actually, I'm trying to get a recipe for chocolate chip cookies that my manager made for us one time. They were awesome!

Thanks for your help MostlyWater!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom