Cookie question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ria

Assistant Cook
Hi !! I am new to this site, and so glad I found it. I have a problem I hope someone can answer for me. I made a recipe for cookies which called for 5 cups of oatmeal which was to be put in a food prosessor and blended to a fine mixture. It was supposed to be measured first, then blended. I blended first, then measured, which needless to say, made my cookie dough dry and not able to ball together correctly. It was a little costly for the ingredients, and I hate to throw it away. Any one know how to save it?
Thanks A Lot !! Maria[/i]

Ria,
Where did you leave off? If you still have everything ready to go but haven't trried to cook it, I would increase your liquid ingredients by 50%...add them tyo the dry and try that. If that isn't enough liquid...try adding a bit at a time until the proper consistency. Essentially...you have just made a bigger batch.

I agree with Bubbba, except that I suspect your recipe included other ingredients. To maintain the balance (and expected flavor, etc., ) you might consider increasing the amounts of those, also. Also, increasing the liquiid by 50% sounds potentially high, to me. You might add it in smaller increments untl the desired consistency is reached. (Keep track of how much you add: it will more accurately indicate the amount of increase of the other ingredients).

Think I would put one cup of oatmeal in the blender/processor and process it, measure it and then figure out the ratio of other ingredients you should add. You may find you added twice as much oatmeal as you should have in which case just double the rest of the ingredients - probably woun't work out so neat but you get the general idea, let us know how it turns out

Back
Top Bottom