Cookies with jam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kasia

Senior Cook
It's very tasty and simply, here you are:

INGREDIENTS:
  • 15 dag margarine, 0.33 lb or 5.29 oz
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 tablespoons baking powder
  • 0.5 cups sugar
EXTRAS: Marmolada, Powdered sugar,

METHOD:
Mix all ingredients together and knead the dough.
Roll out the dough formed.
Then trim pastry with muffin cups or glasses.
Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Resulting cookies put on the plate.
Then add the marmalade on the cookies.
Put it in the preheated oven and bake at 180 degrees C
or 356 F for 20 minutes.
After removing from oven, sprinkle with powdered sugar.

You can see photo : www.wealthymeals.com

We call those Thumbprint Cookies. Bill, I roll the balls in ground hazelnuts before I make the thumbprint, then put the jam in the center and bake. Don't usually bother with the powdered sugar. I tend to inhale it, and it makes me choke.

Thanks for the reply from J.C., June. I was thinking more about a refrigerated dough made from 1 cup flour, 1 1/4 cups ground hazel nuts, 1 beaten egg, ~ 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 lb sweet butter.

AHA! You're thinking of those cookies that my folks call Mexican Wedding cakes, and the Greeks call Kourobiedes and there are several other names as well...

You make those ingredients into little balls and roll the balls in powdered sugar BEFORE baking, right?

Those might be my favorite holiday cookies!

Use raw somewhat finely to medium ground hazel nuts (consistency of coarse salt).
Cut butter into flour as for pastry. Add sugar, mix well, and then add nuts. Add egg. Cover dough and chill at least 2 hr. Preheat oven to 350 and grease baking sheets. Roll out a small portion of dough (keeping the rest refrigerated) to 1/4" thickness on a well-floured board. Cut into shapes with cookie cutters or freehand and transfer to greased sheets (or else drop dough by teaspoonfuls). Repeat, working quickly, with rest of dough. Bake 10 - 15 min or until golden. Mrs. Betsy P. Race, Euclid OH 1st prize, Old Farmers Almanac 1989 Holiday Cookie Recipe Contest

Last edited:
After cooling, the cookies should be quite crunchy since they are mostly nuts fried / baked in butter and sugar. They can be stored in a cookie tin / can but will loose their crunchiness over one to three weeks. You can make cookie sandwiches by putting some thick jam between two cookies.

AHA! You're thinking of those cookies that my folks call Mexican Wedding cakes, and the Greeks call Kourobiedes and there are several other names as well...

You make those ingredients into little balls and roll the balls in powdered sugar BEFORE baking, right?

Those might be my favorite holiday cookies!

i don't roll in sugar until they are baked. do it once while fairly warm and then in a bag with sugar when they have cooled . the first step sorta sinks into the cookie because of all the butter. hope this helps. ;)

I love Jammie Dodgers, google it, I was married on Valentines day the guests threw...............

Back
Top Bottom