Crispy Cranberry Nut Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

expatgirl

Master Chef
Here's a drop cookie recipe for the holidays or anytime of the year that is absolutely delicious and easy!

Makes about 3 dozen 2-inch cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

Cream:
1/2 cup butter (softened)

Add and cream well:
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated white sugar

Combine with the butter & sugar mixture and beat until smooth (I used small electric mixer for this step) the following:
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 Tablespoon milk

Sift together and add to the above ingredients:
1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

When beaten smooth, add:
1 cup uncooked rolled oats
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup chopped nuts
1 teaspoon grated orange rind**optional but not for me--adds too much flavor to leave it out especially with cranberries (this step takes about one orange and only grate the orange part and NOT the white part of the rind--the white part is bitter and all the flavor is in the orange part)

Beat the final mixture well by hand. I like to chill my dough about 30 minutes to an hour but it's not absolute necessary especially if you're in a hurry. Drop cookies 2 inches apart on one of two options: a well-greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet covered with baking parchment paper (definitely go for the latter as you won't have to grease the cookie sheet and clean-up is a snap). Depending on your oven bake 10-14 minutes or until light brown. Place on cooling racks. If you use the parchment paper you can reuse as much as you like even when it turns brown. Don't worry. Bon apetit!!:chef:

Great cookie

A restaurant near me makes a similar cookie that I love and I Googled for recipes and found yours. I've made it twice now and even put some in my Christmas goodie boxes for friends. Several have asked for the recipe and all loved them. Thanks for sharing the recipe...it was really tasty!!

A restaurant near me makes a similar cookie that I love and I Googled for recipes and found yours. I've made it twice now and even put some in my Christmas goodie boxes for friends. Several have asked for the recipe and all loved them. Thanks for sharing the recipe...it was really tasty!!

Well thanks for the high five, kkjackson........glad that you liked the recipe---I know that the Kazakhs did......... and they're in love with American cookies...they love brownies and chocolate chip cookies, too!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom