This is also in Kades' orange tea cookie thread, but to make it easier for me to find, I've put it in as a separate recipe
CWS' Grandma's Orange Cookies
1-1/2 c sugar
3/4 c butter (softened)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 tsp lemon or orange extract
1 c milk
1 tsp soda
1 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 c flour
Grated rind and juice of one orange.
1. Cream the butter and the sugar until light.
2. Add the eggs and extract.
3. Add the milk.
4. Sift 1 c flour with 1 tsp soda. Add.
5. Sift 2 c flour with 2 tsp baking powder.
6. Add the juice and zest..
7. Drop on greased cookie sheet (I use a soup spoon or medium cookie dough scoop)--I leave about 2 inches between each dollop.
8. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 (they are light, the edges and bottoms just lightly golden brown).
Let cool on wire rack. Frost with powder sugar frosting made of 3 T butter, grated rind of one orange, a bit of orange juice, and powdered sugar.