"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Desserts, Sweets & Cookies & Candy > Cookies

Old 02-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #11
Senior Cook

Oh wow, taxlady.....I guess you're in for some serious caloric ......deprivations?....strict observances....? what do you call it?.....for awhile at least. Good luck with that!

Old 02-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #12
Certified Pretend Chef

Here's the recipe: Recipes | QuakerOats.com

I make them with the raisins and walnuts. They are out of this world good.

Old 02-13-2012, 03:30 PM   #13
Senior Cook

I can make these in bars???!!!.....now THAT should save time....gonna try it next week, yay! Thanks AndyM.

Tags
cookie, recipe

DH only likes one kind of cookie I get so bored of making this oatmeal cookie. The recipe is on the Robin Hood Old Mill Oats bag which we can buy in any grocery store. But my husband just LOVES it and always asks for it. I try to vary the recipe by adding different grains, like coconut along with the oatmeal, or sesame seeds, various nuts, even bits of chocolate, raisins and/or dried cranberries, chunks of ginger, or candied orange. But today, I found this new-to-me sugar in our local health food store. I substituted it for the 1/2 cup of white sugar in the recipe, and also added the 3/4 cup brown sugar called for. [IMG]http://www.soapmaker.ca/SoapPics/cocSugar.JPG[/IMG] I wonder if it will taste any different? 3 stars 1 reviews