Diabetic cookies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Cook
Anyone have a recipes for cookies ok for diabetics? I made sugar cookies for my family and don't want my grandmother to miss out.

Thanks.

DIABETIC COOKIE
1/2 c. dates, chopped
1 c. white raisins, chopped
1/2 c. apples, chopped
3/4 c. nuts
1 c. water
1/2 c. butter
2 eggs, beaten
3 tsp. liquid sweetener
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. flour

Boil raisins and apples in the water for 2 or 3 minutes and cool. Then add rest of ingredients; mix. Refrigerate before baking. Bake at 350 degrees.

Cooks.com - Recipe - Best Diabetic Cookie

Thanks Gobo for posting the recipe! Will be making the cookies for my diabetic neighbour for Christmas.

Do you know if it's ok to refrigerate the dough overnight before making? I plan to make regular and diabetic cookie dough tonight and make the cookies tomorrow after work.

Edit: Answered my own question....found this recipe here VGS - View a Recipe - American Diabetes Association

For rolled sugar cookies, wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Work with half of the dough at a time; keep remaining dough in refrigerator. Roll on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with desired cookie cutters. Sprinkle with sugar-free gelatin. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven 8 to 10 minutes. Proceed as recipe directs. Number of Servings: 21
Serving Size: 2 Cookies IngredientsNameMeasureWeightstick butter, softened 1/2 cup --- Equal Sugar Lite 1 cup --- egg 1 med. --- vanilla 1 tsp --- all-purpose flour 1 1/3 cups --- baking powder 3/4 tsp --- salt 1/4 tsp --- Sugar Free Fruit Flavored Gelatin 1 pkg --- Preparation Instructions1 Beat butter and Equal? Sugar Lite? in medium-sized bowl on medium speed of mixer until well combined. Mix in egg and vanilla until blended. Add combined flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until blended. 2 Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto cookie sheets sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Flatten slightly using a spoon. Sprinkle with sugar-free fruit flavored gelatin. 3 Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet and cool completely on wire rack. Store in tightly covered container at room temperature.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom