Double Chocolate Pecan Crunchy Cake Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeV

Washing Up
I'm teaching a bread baking class for 10 women on Dec 5th, and I'll be introducing them to cake cookies while we wait for dough to rise. I did this with my last class, and it was a big hit for the 4 ladies and filled in the time nicely. Since this will be all women, I wanted a way to win them over, so what better way than with CHOCOLATE? If chocolate is good, then DOUBLE CHOCOLATE must be better. But I also wanted a little extra texture, so I added Honey Bunches of Oat with caramel. When DW tasted the first ones out of the oven, I got a kiss...I think that means they are a winner. This was a test batch to make sure they would be OK to make for the class. Here's the finished product and the recipe to follow.

img_728739_0_61f90819d32f1707dedd92dcb93d3e6c.jpg

From the kitchen of Joe Valencic

INGREDIENTS:

1 ea. 18.5 oz package Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil’s Food cake mix
½ Cup vegetable oil
2 Eggs – well beaten
2 T Warm water
½ Cup Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Caramel
½ Cup Chocolate Chips
½ Cup chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Put the Honey Bunches of Oats in a plastic bag, and pound lightly to break chunks into smaller pieces. Combine cake mix, water, eggs water and oil until smooth. Blend in remaining ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Batter will be a little stiff, but don't be concerned with that.

Drop a slightly rounded teaspoonful of batter 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 12-14 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 2 minutes, then immediately remove from the pan to a cooling rack (otherwise they will stick to the pan).

Makes about 4 dozen cookies using teaspoon, or 3 dozen using a tablespoon.

:kiss: I agree with your wife!!! But of course mine is on the cheek!!

Thank you.....keep experimenting, we want MORE!!! :angel::pig::angel:

You are evil! Will you just get out of the kitchen!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
It's just going to get more evil, as we are getting into my slow time of the year. Most people don't want contractors in their home during the holidays, and don't schedule renovations during this time. Also, I dropped my truck off tonight at the shop for brakes, so I'll be in the house all day tomorrow. Hmmmmmm...what to bake, what to bake. I'm sure I'll come up with something for tomorow. :LOL::LOL:

Joe some woman trained you well. I don't know if it was your sainted mother, sister or wife but you have learned one of the secrets of women everywhere. Hmm, or could your father have passed on this secret? "There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend who has CHOCOLATE." Anonymous

Joe some woman trained you well. I don't know if it was your sainted mother, sister or wife but you have learned one of the secrets of women everywhere. Hmm, or could your father have passed on this secret? "There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend who has CHOCOLATE." Anonymous

I learned the chocolate trick from DW. She's been a choc-o-holic since I met her 40 years ago. Chocolate trips at all hours of the day and night during three pregnancies reinforced this. She has also trained me well in many other areas as well.:LOL:

JoeV

Lotsa hoorahs but nobody has baked 'em.....

....but me. Very good cookie. I followed your directions to the T and your spot on the ingredient and count. I made slightly over tablespoon size and baked for 12 minutes. They are not overly sweet. That might be a gripe for some, but if you want it sweeter, drizzle a fudge icing on them would be my suggestion. I'll make them often. You have a hit, Joe.
Thanks, Phil.

Those sound like a great treat for valentine's day or a great treat for a cold day.

I hate to say this Joe, but.....

....while I did mention about drizzling fudge icing on them, I did make a batch of "easy" fudge for a party a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't reallly happy about the setting of the fudge. This afternoon I was going to get the chill of off the fudge, it's soft at room temperature, I let it melt. Well, what to do? Yep, drizzle that stuff over your cookies. Geeezus, that was good. Either way, you have a hit.
Phil

I can vouch for these. I made them for my church, and then again for my family, after Joe posted this originally. Very good.:chef:

cooking

I'm teaching a bread baking class for 10 women on Dec 5th, and I'll be introducing them to cake cookies while we wait for dough to rise. I did this with my last class, and it was a big hit for the 4 ladies and filled in the time nicely. Since this will be all women, I wanted a way to win them over, so what better way than with CHOCOLATE? If chocolate is good, then DOUBLE CHOCOLATE must be better. But I also wanted a little extra texture, so I added Honey Bunches of Oat with caramel. When DW tasted the first ones out of the oven, I got a kiss...I think that means they are a winner. This was a test batch to make sure they would be OK to make for the class. Here's the finished product and the recipe to follow.

img_772577_0_61f90819d32f1707dedd92dcb93d3e6c.jpg

From the kitchen of Joe Valencic

INGREDIENTS:

1 ea. 18.5 oz package Betty Crocker Super Moist Devil’s Food cake mix
½ Cup vegetable oil
2 Eggs – well beaten
2 T Warm water
½ Cup Post Honey Bunches of Oats with Caramel
½ Cup Chocolate Chips
½ Cup chopped pecans

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 F. Put the Honey Bunches of Oats in a plastic bag, and pound lightly to break chunks into smaller pieces. Combine cake mix, water, eggs water and oil until smooth. Blend in remaining ingredients until thoroughly mixed. Batter will be a little stiff, but don't be concerned with that.

Drop a slightly rounded teaspoonful of batter 2" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 12-14 minutes or until slightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool in the pan for 2 minutes, then immediately remove from the pan to a cooling rack (otherwise they will stick to the pan).

Makes about 4 dozen cookies using teaspoon, or 3 dozen using a tablespoon.

that's look good. You know I do love chocolate esp. chocolate cake like black forest. They are very delicious dessert, don't you think so?

Back
Top Bottom