Dough is too sticky!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RedBedHead

Assistant Cook
I can NOT get these cookies to roll out right. They've been in the fridge since 9 this morning and everytime I pull out a small amount to roll they get horribly sticky and won't work for me. Any suggestions??????

The Best Rolled Sugar Cookies - Allrecipes

I have used some flour to no avail but don't want to use so much that it screws up the whole batch.

Thanks in advance guys.

Are you rolling between sheets of Saran or such. That may help some. Roll it out and refrigerate again.
I hate to do rolled cookies. i think you probably will just have to add more flour also.

Thanks so much Can. I was rolling with parchment paper and by the time I get 4-5 cookies rolled out the cut outs are too soft to move to the pan. I'll try more flour and Saran. No biggie how they taste. They're just for Santa :ermm:

RedBedHead, I cannot tell you for sure what went wrong with your dough. Since it's sticky, the only way to rescue it is to add more flour until you are able to roll out and cut into shapes.

I think confectioner sugar would work better than flour. The cookie would still be sweet. confectioners sugar has cornstarch in it. Try using smaller eggs in your cookie recipe next time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom