Electric Skillet Cookies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maplesparkle

Assistant Cook
Hi,

Has anyone ever heard or tried to make cookies in an electric skillet? There is one recipe in the instructions that came with it but I was hoping more for chocolate chip cookies or something like that.

Thanks! :)

Give it a shot! I've been thinking about your minature kitchen and checked out slow cook cornbread. I was sure it could be done and I was correct. Also, off the subject of cookies but have you thought of a decent bread maker when you have the money and inclination. I don't have one but a good one will do a nice job of delivering hot fresh bread every morning, at least as I've seen.

Thanks for the encouraging words! I just might give it a try one of these days. If I do, I'll let you all know how they turned out!

Thanks David, I think chocolate chips would work in that recipe. I've added them to Rice Krispie treats before. :mrgreen:

I've actually made corn bread in the slow cooker before and it works pretty good. My DH loves it so I make it for him, he likes to add butter and, of course, real maple syrup to it. I don't care for it as much.

Now we got me a newer microwave so that is helpful. The old on had no turntable and actually no glass bottom at all and it took longer to cook and you had to keep turning it every minute or so, it drove me nuts! :wacko:

Dear Maplesparkle, Just went to your website - Welcome Nice place indeed. Are you Cindy? Do you ship - those prices are very attractive - very - at least for around here in central Ohio - like $30.00 a gallon from you? Even if it has to increase. Around there there should be many many tried and true recipes featuring maple syrup. A cook book of such might be great, even from your limited kitchen - that could be a plus! Maple sugar recipes from the microwave, electric skillet and slowcooker.

Anyway, all the best and keep us posted!

Back
Top Bottom