Fancy Butter Tea Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
A basic Butter Tea Cookie, with almond paste and chopped almonds added to the dough. He rounded the cookies, baked them off, once cooled he had lackeys (me) to roll them in powdered sugar. The recipe makes 5 pounds 7 ounces of cookie dough.

Cream together:
1 pound 8 ounces butter
12 ounces granulated sugar
6 ounces Confectioner's sugar
6 ounces Almond paste
8 ounces finely chopped toasted almonds

Mix together:
9 ounces eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla

Cream into butter mixture, then mix in 2 pounds 4 ounces Cake Flour.

It says you can bag if you want or use a tablespoon to make rounds. I think the bagging would be so much easier. Bake @ 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.

Princessa, these look good. Copy/ Pasted/ Filed it in Christmas Cookies. It may or may not be a holiday cookie. This is when I mostly bake cookies.

I don't think I have ever worked with Almond Paste. Is there much difficulty with the spoon straying towards your tongue rather than scooping the contents into the cookie dough? I hope not.

Princessa, these look good. Copy/ Pasted/ Filed it in Christmas Cookies. It may or may not be a holiday cookie. This is when I mostly bake cookies.

I don't think I have ever worked with Almond Paste. Is there much difficulty with the spoon straying towards your tongue rather than scooping the contents into the cookie dough? I hope not.

I forgot! Gosh!!! Buy 2 6 ounce packages of almond paste, use one in the recipe and the other to nom on while baking. That could have been a close one!:chef::pig::angel:

I forgot! Gosh!!! Buy 2 6 ounce packages of almond paste, use one in the recipe and the other to nom on while baking. That could have been a close one!:chef::pig::angel:

I can't eat nuts. One time I was whizzing almonds in the small food processor to make almond flour to add to the cookie dough. I got an urgent call from Mother Nature and by the time I got back to the FP, I had almond paste. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom