Fig Newtons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpmcgrew

Executive Chef
:)I love Fig Newtons.They are the best when I dont want dinner and they are the best for traveling.How do you feel about them?I think I could enjoy fresh figs in many ways.Any great recipes?

JP,
I adore figs..One of my favorite things..I like to cut them in half and top each half with a dab of mascarpone and then drizzle with lavender honey..So good..They are also lovely wrapped in prosciutto...
kadesma:)

:)I love Fig Newtons.They are the best when I dont want dinner and they are the best for traveling.How do you feel about them?I think I could enjoy fresh figs in many ways.Any great recipes?

Darn Tootin'. I love Fig Newtons! :) Figs dipped in chocolate, stuffed w bleu cheese and almonds, bruschetta with caramelized onions and prosciutto. Funny you should mention figs. I was looking through last year's BHG, and here are a few that appeal to me. The fig and pistachio cake looks to die for.

Fig & Pistachio Cake
Fig Cake

Caramelized Onion & Fig Bruschetta
Caramelized Onion and Fig Bruschetta

Chocolate Figs
Chocolate Figs

Fig Shortcake w Mascarpone & Orange Zest
Fig Shortcake

I love figs! I chop dried figs and put them in my steel cut oats. Not often though as they are loaded with calories.

My mom used to put Fig Newtons in my lunch all the time, yummy!

Count me among the Fig Newton lovers! I love the way the seeds pop in your mouth. I love everything about them.

:)I just rememberd I have have a bottle of fig vinegar from Spain just havn't figured out what to do with it.

c'mon everyone!!!!!

oey gooey, rich and chewy inside
tender flaky, golden cakey outside
you wrap the inside in the outside.
is it good? darn tootin'!
it's the big, fig newton!

count me in as well. there was never a lack of fig newtons or lorna doones (or just "doones" to the initiated) in my house when i was growing up.

Gotta be a "rain on your parade" person. Can't stand anything "fig." I think they taste like sticky, gooey sand. There's something about the texture of Fig Newtons that makes me want to chuck my cookies...Fig Newtons, for sure. I want to like them, but haven't been able to get THERE.

Buck likes them, so I've had the opportunity to taste them many times. Just haven't gotten there yet. Maybe someday.

Gotta be a "rain on your parade" person. Can't stand anything "fig." I think they taste like sticky, gooey sand. There's something about the texture of Fig Newtons that makes me want to chuck my cookies...Fig Newtons, for sure. I want to like them, but haven't been able to get THERE.

Me too.

Mmmmm, I LOVE Fig Newtons.

I'd never eaten a fresh fig in my life until we were visiting friends in Mississippi a couple of years ago. They had a big bush full of ripe figs, and I couldn't get enough of them! I've never seen them in the markets around here...I guess they don't ship well.

I like the fig Newtons. I used to find Apple Newtons, but cannot any longer. I can find Caramel Apple Newton and they are good too. Fresh are delicious as well Miss Connie. We used to make Fig preserves, with Strawberry Jello mix in them. It made the most delicious "Strawberry" Figs!

They're delicious for tea or coffee time. I sometimes get the wheat free fig bars from the specialty food section. They're a treat.

I'm another Fig Newton fan! Oddly, I haven't had one in a long time. Must put them on the shopping list...

I love the Fig Newtons, but adore the Strawberrry and Apple Newtons. I've loved them for as long as I can remember. I prefer them to any chocolate chip cookie, any day of the week. Sadly, because of the high carb content, I can't eat them very often anymore. I also miss Pop Tarts for the same reason.

But yes, Newtons rule!:mrgreen:

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I love fig newtons, too! You're right, they are more satisfying than most cookies.

But, I've never eaten plain figs. Something I'll have to try!

-Mary

Back
Top Bottom