Finally posting Halloween cookie pictures!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PA Baker

Master Chef
I told you it would take awhile for DH to remember to download these pix for me. I made these for our coworkers and family for Halloween week. They are pumpkin and ghost cut-outs (a coworker names the ghots "boo bites"--cute!) and maple shortbread. Hope these show up OK (the ghosts have little faces on them, picture might be too small for the detail--sorry)!

my.php
[/URL][/img]

and

Those are BEAUTIFUL, PA! Outstanding job!

What kind of icing did you use? And would you care to share your technique???

Audeo said:
Those are BEAUTIFUL, PA! Outstanding job!

What kind of icing did you use? And would you care to share your technique???

Thanks for the complements! :oops:

I use royal icing and this time decorated using squeeze bottles. For the detailed work, like the ghosts' eyes and mouths, I used a #1 tip in a parchment bag. I've developed my own technique that works for me, but it's similar to the tutorial on www.kitchengifts.com. That's a great baking site if you've never been on it before, too.

Sometimes, if I'm just doing a solid color or solid "base color" on a cookie (say a red heart), I'll just dip the face of the cookie in a glaze, let it dry, and then add detail with piped royal icing. Since there were several colors that needed to be on the face of the pumpkin, I used the squeeze bottles. Same with the mini-ghosts since they were tough to hold onto, being so small.

I just bought a squeeze bottle that allows you to attach a coupler and decorating tip. I can't wait to try that out. I also found a cookie cutter in the shape of a Christmas tree light. I'll make a tray of those in different colors and "connect" them with black licuorice to look like a string of lights. :D

Those look amazing!!!!!! You must have a very steady hand. I am woefully inept in the decorating department.

Maple shortbread sounds yummy. Do you have a recipe you could share?

Thanks~

Thank you for the info, PA. Again, all I can say is that these cookies were truly outstanding. What a beautiful job you did!

PA....those cookies look wonderful.....you have the talent to sell those if you wanted to. I know that sometimes that takes the joy out of baking, but want to know you have the necessary talent!!! Pst :D

Thanks Pst1can--that's so sweet of you to say. That's my dream actually. I would love to start a baking business, but just don't feel like DH and I are in the position to do that yet. Maybe someday....

PA...take baby steps first...just bake from home and offer your BEAUTIFUL cookies to neighbours, co-workers and freinds. If they will pay $3 for Girl Guide cookies that are mass produced....surely you can sell yours. This also will give you an idea if you can make the time commitment work for your lifestyle/family life. My wife and I used to own both a tearoom and a family restaurant...if I can answer any question just e mail me. Pst :)

Back
Top Bottom