Originally Posted by Gravy Queen
This is the recipe I used:
Vanilla Macarons with Raspberry Filling
Recipe by Galton Blackiston - "Summertime" book
For the macarons:
175g (6oz) icing sugar
75g (3oz) ground almonds
75g (3oz) egg whites
half teaspoon vanilla extract
25g (1oz) castor sugar
For the raspberry filling:
250g tub mascarpone cheese
1 tablespoon icing sugar
2 drops vanilla extract
5 tablespoons raspberry puree (made from fresh raspberries pushed through a sieve)
1. To make the macarons, line a baking sheet with good quality greaseproof paper and set aside. Sift the icing sugar and almonds into a bowl. Place the egg whites into the bowl of an electric food mixer and whisk until they form stiff peaks. Whisk the vanilla extract into the egg whites, then gradually whisk in the castor sugar and continue to whisk until stiff and glossy.
2. Fold in the almonds and icing sugar gently until the mixture is smooth. Put the mixture in a piping bag fitted with a plain 5mm nozzle and pipe the macarons of the required size onto the greaseproof paper. Leave to rest for 10 -15 minutes to allow the surfact to become dry.
3. Pre heat the oven to 150 c/300f/Gas Mark 2
4. Bake for about 25 minutes (depending on size) - the macarons are done when you can lift them off the baking sheet. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking sheet.
5. While the macarons are in the oven, make the raspberry filling by mixing all the ingredients together thoroughly, adding a little more icing sugar or raspberry puree to taste.
6. When the macarons are completely cold, sandwich them together with the filling.
*GQ note - I found that smaller ones worked best *
Thanks so much for sharing your recipe GQ
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt