Fruit cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

licia

Executive Chef
I can't remember who used to make fruit bars that had about 4 pieces joined together in the package - and about 3 or 4 sheets (of 3 or 4 each). They were fruit bars, or fruit squares, or something like that. I've not been able to find them and would like to know if they are available - or for starters what they were called and the company who sold them. I think the filling was either figs or raisins. Thanks.

I am sure someone will come along with an answer for you. I moved this to the cookie forum so more people will see it.

I remember those raisin ones - dang - that brought back a memory that I can't quite recall the details on - they were good!!! I don't think they make them anymore though - someone will know here.

GB - I was getting ready to move this too and as quickly as I clicked on the move this thread it said it was already in the cookie forum (you're fast!!!!)

kitchenelf said:
GB - I was getting ready to move this too and as quickly as I clicked on the move this thread it said it was already in the cookie forum (you're fast!!!!)
LOL well you beat me to moving the mail order gadget one. I was ready to move that when it said it was already moved :)

I do not remember these cookies, but they sound great. I can't wait for someone to come along and let us know more about them!

No Alix - they were a little different. Newtons come separately, these were sort of pressed into the individual cookies but they were still all attached, you had to break them apart. I remember them - but can't remember the name. I remember the raisin ones.

Fruit Bars

They're Archway cookies. They have them at stores in IL & WI I know. I haven't really looked for them anywhere else. I grew up on them. At x-mas time only they have these malted nougat cookies, which are like nothing else & the soft lemon cookies, macaroons, soft oatmeal & I could go on.
Questions or Comments? Call 1-888-4ARCHWAY (1-888-427-2492)8 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST/EDT Archway Cookies, LLC
67 West Michigan Avenue Suite 200
Battle Creek MI 49017
:-p

No, it isn't Archway - it was before Archway was available here. These were thin - barely a crust over the filling. It was one of the old cookie makers - seems like Sunshine, perhaps. I don't know when anything has come so near driving me nuts!!

Those are the ones!!!!!!!!Thank you, thank you, thank you. AND my family thanks you also.

I've called all the grocery stores in my area, so tomorrow I will go to Publix and request a special order. They are not to be found anywhere here. Has everyone forgotten how great they are with a nice cup of tea? My dd especially likes the cranberry flavor - I like both, so I will order a supply of each. I'm so glad you found them.

I called Kelloggs, who owns Keebler, who owns Sunshine, who used to make the golden fruit biscuits. They can't find any reference to them - either made currently, or on the discontinued list. I suppose my only other solution would be to find a copy cat recipe and make them myself - and I have no idea how to go about that. Perhaps someone here has a clue. Thanks.

Substitute Sunshine Raisin Biscuits

Thank you so much for the lead. I just ordered a case of Crawford's Garabaldi Raisin Biscuits from a place in North Carolina. From all I've read, they will do just fine and my husband will be thrilled. I am so glad I stumbled across your forum and will continue to enjoy it.​
If anyone has found a store closer than North Carolina to us in Florida, let me know.

Kay kdpeddie@netquincy.com

I ordered some and my daughter and I will certainly have a wonderful tea party soon. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom