Gettin Ready for Holiday Baking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmalady

Executive Chef
Just thought I'd share my 'attack plan' for my holiday cookie spree - I start usually about mid-October buying ingredients - butter when it's on sale, same for chocolate, keeping an eye out for sales. Keep the butter in the freezer and the chocolate wrapped well in a 'secret' place in the cool garage! Also nuts on sale, etc. Makes it easier on the pocketbook to not have to buy all those pricey ingredients at one time when you're also shopping for Christmas presents! :)

you sound like my aunt Debbie, marmalady... she does the same kind of thing... grabs stuff when it's on sale.. it can cost you a small fortune when you wait til the last minute.

We do that as well. ALDI's is a good place to get baking supplies, powder sugar, brown sugar, cherries, chocolate chips, nuts, butter, etc.

Rainee said:
We do that as well. ALDI's is a good place to get baking supplies, powder sugar, brown sugar, cherries, chocolate chips, nuts, butter, etc.
we have an Aldi's here too... it's a "good thing." lol

I do the same thing here, marmalady, and started in earnest a couple of weeks ago stashing items away. Soon I will begin mixing cookie doughs and freezing them for rainy day baking.

It never ceases to amaze me how quickly the holidays approach each year!

My sister is coming in for thanksgiving with my chocolate...then the fun begins. I really, really want to try those choc. dipped burbon cherries, but can't find any cherries...so I may go to plan B. we'll see!

I got a big jar of maraschinos at Sam's Club, southerncook. Use those. I'm sure you can find some in any grocery store...right? They work great, just be sure to drain the dickens out of them. ;)

Audeo said:
I got a big jar of maraschinos at Sam's Club, southerncook. Use those. I'm sure you can find some in any grocery store...right? They work great, just be sure to drain the dickens out of them. ;)
AUDEO: I've been looking for fresh cherries! You have just saved christmas. Thank you.

EGADS! I'm so sorry I didn't make that suggestion earlier, southerncook! Otherwise, you'd be looking until early summer around here!

Have fun now! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom