Glazed Chocolate Coffee Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright everyone, get ready...

I LOVE baking, and am on a 'cookie obsession' right now. Here's some recent cookies i've made that are VERY good.

Glazed Chocolate Coffee Cookies

3 oz semisweet chocolate
1 cup AP flour
2 TBS unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp espresso powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup firmly packed, light brown sugar
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. vanilla

Frosting

1 1/3 cup confectioners icing sugar
1 tsp espresso powder
1-2 TBS warm water

First, melt the chocolate in a pot, ontop of another pot full of simmering hot water. Combine the Cocoa, Flour, espresso powder, salt, and baking soda. In a seperate bowl, mix the brown sugar and butter with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the Vanilla and Egg. Continue beating for 1 min. Add the melted chocolate. Then add the dry ingredients, to the wet. Divide the dough in half, making two 9X2 inch logs wrapped in plastic wrap. Regrigerate for at least 2 hours. Turn your oven to 350, and spray two cookie sheets with Pam. Slice the dough about 2/3 inch thick, and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. Bake for about 12-15 min. Cool completely when done.

Frosing: Combine the espresso powder and the sugar. Then add as much water to make a drizzeling consistancy. Drizzle the frosting over the cookies, and let set.

*** What I learned from making these cookies... Drizzeling isn't as easy as it sounds..***

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 205
Mmmm....would you send me some of those?! I need a caffeine kick right about now! They look delicious! I've saved your recipe. Thanks.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom