Grandma Snarr's Raisin Nut Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Constance

Master Chef
I have been searching for this recipe, and was beginning to think I'd lost it, but my cleaning lady was helping me clean up the basement last week, and she found my mother's recipe box.
This cookie is soft and chewy, and keeps very well.

Raisin Nut Cookies

2 cups raisins
1 cup butter
1-1/2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
3-1/2 cups flour
3 eggs or 5 egg yolks
nuts (she used pecans or English Walnuts)

Cover the raisins with water in small saucepan and simmer until plump, then drain. Cream butter and sugar, add eggs, then add dry ingredients and mix well. Add raisins and nuts.

Drop by spoonfuls on sprayed baking sheet and bake in 350 oven until set and lightly browned.

You may vary the recipe by using 2 cups of oats and only 1-1/2 cup flour.

Last edited:
Looks good Constance, just the thing to accompany all those warm winter teas...This recipe vaguely reminds me of my Christmas hermit cookies :)

This looks awesome!

Constance, have you ever thought of turning these recipe into a cookbook? It's the kind of keepsake that your family will cherish.

My mom made one fof our family favorite recipes or my brother and sister and I and I am in the process of expanding it with recipes from my brother and sister and my nieces. It will have recipes from 6 generations and I am thinking of possibly publishing it myself. Just for our family.

Very cool Constance - those sort of TNTs are so special and usually fantastic tasting. You're fortunate to have so many of your Gran's recipes to cherish and pass along :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom