Grandma's Peanut Butter Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
I had my Grandma's handwritten cookbook scanned to give to my cousins. I made this recipe yesterday for my Dad. It is perfect for a small household. It made 18 2" cookies.

Ingredients
1/2 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1/2 c shortening

1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp soda dissolved in 1 T warm water
1-1/4 c flour

Directions:

Beat the first four ingredients until creamy, beat the egg, add the soda and water, vanilla. Add that to the creamed ingredients, add the flour. Shape into balls (I used a scoop), roll in sugar, flatten with fork. Bake at 375 on parchment paper (I used silicon baking sheets) for 8-10 minutes (for soft cookies). Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, transfer to cooling rack covered with paper towels.

I had my Grandma's handwritten cookbook scanned to give to my cousins. I made this recipe yesterday for my Dad. It is perfect for a small household. It made 18 2" cookies.

Ingredients
1/2 c brown sugar, packed
1/2 c white sugar
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1/2 c shortening

1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp soda dissolved in 1 T warm water
1-1/4 c flour

Directions:

Beat the first four ingredients until creamy, beat the egg, add the soda and water, vanilla. Add that to the creamed ingredients, add the flour. Shape into balls (I used a scoop), roll in sugar, flatten with fork. Bake at 375 on parchment paper (I used silicon baking sheets) for 8-10 minutes (for soft cookies). Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, transfer to cooling rack covered with paper towels.
Made a batch again today--only I used butter instead of shortening. I added some 5-spice to the sugar that I rolled them in. Baked for 4 minutes, turned the trays, another 4 minutes, and left on the baking sheets for 2 minutes. My Dad likes soft cookies. They turned out really nice. Perfect number for the cookie monster--18.

Back
Top Bottom