3/4 Cup Crisco Shortening
1 Cup White Sugar
5 Tablespoons Molasses
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
2 Cups Flour
Additional white sugar for coating cookie dough balls
1. Place 3/4 Cup Shortening and 1 Cup Sugar into a large mixing bowl.
2. Cream the sugar and shortening together.
3. Mix in the molasses and egg.
4. Mix in the spices and baking soda.
5. Add the flour, mixing 1/2 cup at a time until the dough looks like this.
6. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls.
7. Keep rolling!
8. Pour about 1/2 cup sugar into a small bowl.
9. Coat the cookie dough balls in sugar! So much sugar!
10. Place the cookie dough balls onto a NON-nonstick baking sheet. (3X3)
11. Bake in oven on middle-top and middle-bottom racks at 350 for 10 minuets.
13. Take the cookies out of the oven when they start to crack.
14. Let cookies rest on hot cookie sheets for at least three minuets.
15. After three minutes transfer the cookies to a brown paper bag for additional cooling.
16. Nom Nom Nom.