help! chocolate chip cookie w/ CHUNKS of peanut butter..?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hirokei

Assistant Cook
i made regular chocolate chip cookies for a school party and my biology teacher ate like 10 of them. then later, he told me my cookies are as good as ones from mrs. fields:chef: , and said he would really pay me to make cookies for him :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: but his request was.. the same kind of cookie, but w/ CHUNKS of peanut butter in it. so i asked.. "you mean with some peanut butter chips?" he said "yea, but i want CHUNKS of peanut butter also" so that was my biology homework over christmas break... how to make ccc w/ CHUNKS of PB in it.. i was thinking. maybe make a CCC dough, and a PB dough seperately, chill them a little bit, and roll them out flat and roll them together, kinda like a pinwheel?! or maybe marbles?! what do you guys think?! i only have creamy PB at home and i really dont want to go out and buy some chunky PB just for this cuz no one likes chunky PB at my house...

many many thanks in advance!!! really really appreciate it!!

Good for you for making such tasty cookies! I wish I had homework like yours when I was in school!:chef:

What abouut making a batch of p'butter fudge and breaking it up in your batter?

Well, you could try it by making a firm peanut butter mix like the one in Amber's Reese's Peanut Butter cups (see recipe below).

Roll that PB dough into tiny balls. Then press the balls into the chocolate chip cookie dough globs after you've dropped them onto the cookie sheet, before you bake them.

Or, just chop up some Reese's cups and use them in addition to chocolate chips and walnuts.

Lee

Peanutbutter Cups Recipe (TNT)
These taste just like Reeses Peanutbutter Cups. I make these around Christmas time to give as gifts. This recipe makes approximately 85 peanutbutter cups. You can purchase the chocolate and the paper wrappers at a cake supply place or maybe a candy store.

4 lbs. milk chocolate
paper wrappers ( as many as you need, but this makes 85)
18 ounces creamy peanutbutter
1 lb. confectionary sugar
1 stick melted butter

Melt butter, then cream together with peanutbutter and confectionary sugar.

Melt chocolate in a double boiler (should be shiny)

Spoon melted chocolate into paper cups, then add a peanutbutter patty, and then more melted chocolate on top. Place in freezer for 4 minutes, or until ready to use. Easy and yummy!

I have to agree with PA Baker, I would have loved these types of assignments in school! I think QSis has the right idea about my peanutbutter cup recipe. I think it might work. It's like the reverse of making peanutbutter cookies with the hershey kiss center.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom