Help With French Macarons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello,

I try to make some french macaron last week but when I get my french macaron from the oven they look like cookie. I think my baking is not good have you got some information for me for my baking ?

I use this recipe. How to make macarons | CakeJournal | How to make beautiful cakes, sweet cupcakes and delicious cookies

Please help me.

i have never made them. i couldn't get the link to load. after three tries i gave up. can't make comment if i can't see recipe. welcome

If you are asking about French macarons, yes, they will look like cookies.

If you expected coconut-like macaroons (spelled with a double "o"), then that is a critter of a different nature.

Your link shows what appears to be the first type I mentioned.

Could you clarify your question a little more?

are you looking for more of a macaroon?

Macaroon.jpg

if so, it's simple enough, just enough whipped egg white to bind, and bake. The most important part is the drying. Best to ket the cooking complete, and kill the oven and let them stay in. Any humidity will leave the center soft and a little gummy.

As for a French Macaroon, like the link you posted, then yes, they are a cookie, and that is normal. You are using the meringue as the cookie, and adding a filling, and sandwiching it with another meringue cookie, making a macaron.

Back
Top Bottom