How long can cookie dough be stored frozen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Home chef

Senior Cook
It's only December 12th and I want to wait until the last minute to bake all my holiday cookies. I was wanting to prepare all teh engredients in advance, wrap in plastic and store in the freezer until maybe 22nd or so. I will be baking choco chip cookies, sugar cookies, and maybe a few others. Any idea how long cookie dough will last in the freezer if properly wraped and stored?

As long as the dough is wrapped very tightly and then put into an air-tight sealed bag, you should be able to store some as long as 6 months.

I start freezing dough right after Thanksgiving - right now I have 6 recipes in the freezer, will start baking this weekend. Even recipes like Ch. Chip cookies can be rolled and frozen, for 'slice and bake' later on.

Chocolate chip cookie dough can be frozen at least 6 months if properly wrapped. I've shaped the dough into logs and wrapped in waxed paper and then in plastic wrap or foil and then in bread bags for anytime slice and bake cookies. Oatmeal and peanut butter should freeze equally well. I make a sugar cake (different from a sugar cookie) and the dough for that does not freeze well. That particular dough can not even be made a day ahead.

Back
Top Bottom