I may just never bake again!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Callisto in NC

Washing Up
Story of frustration. Okay, so I finally figured out the chocolate chip cookie issue. I tried going expensive with high end baking stones; nope, my cookies prefer good old crap pieces of metal cookie sheets. Then I moved on to my "fool proof" sugar peanut butter cookies. They came out dry and crumbly too. I give up. This once awesome baker now sucks. It's got to be that I wanted to give these away as gifts that they totally flopped. I am now broke and don't even have cookies to give away.

Just done done done baking.

I'm so sorry, Callisto. This happens to me all the time but I didn't know it ever happened to other people. Doesn't it make you crazy when you make something exactly the same way but it doesn't come out the same from one time to the next???? And I also get "runs" of bad results. All I can say is you're awesome whether or not you can currently bake!

No, Calli, don't toss the cookies. Just crumble them up, put them in little bags and give them away with some nuts, chocolate sauce, a can of whipped cream, and a carton of ice cream. Call them "homemade cookie" sundaes. Who'll know but you...and us.

You're next batch will be perfect! Don't give up!!

Great idea Katie!!

Any chance we can get the sugar peanut butter cookie recipe??

So sorry to hear of your baking woes:(. My best cookie baking sheet is an old metal one, but it wasn't cheap. Katie had some good ideas of what to do with the crumbly cookies, there is always a way to salvage some perceived failures. I have never let some failures keep me from trying!!:LOL:

I am just woefully frustrated.

The cookie recipe is so simple, a roll of sugar cookie dough, 1/2 cup of peanut butter, mix. Roll into balls, put in mini muffin tins, bake 10 minutes, smash a miniture Reese's PB cup in the center. Cool and remove.

I used a large tube of sugar cookie dough this time. Maybe that was the problem. Could be that one large isn't double one small. I'll have to stop by the grocery store and check tonight. I'm going to try one more time tonight. We'll see. I need to get these done so I can give them away or at least know if I can give them away.

Story of frustration. Okay, so I finally figured out the chocolate chip cookie issue. I tried going expensive with high end baking stones; nope, my cookies prefer good old crap pieces of metal cookie sheets. Then I moved on to my "fool proof" sugar peanut butter cookies. They came out dry and crumbly too. I give up. This once awesome baker now sucks. It's got to be that I wanted to give these away as gifts that they totally flopped. I am now broke and don't even have cookies to give away.
okay, so use the cookie crumbs as a pie crust for a cheesecake. Just put them in a food processor, crumb them even more, add some butter and pat them into a pie shell, fill with your best cocotion and bake away. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
I just came in the cookie threads to get that recipe for yummy peanut butter cookies using the shortening.

Just done done done baking.

Sorry the cookies didn't turn out as expected. Since your recipe is tnt, it could be a number of things. A few thoughts...

Baking too long

Incorrect baking sheet (you mentioned baking stone - but not sure what you mean. I tossed out my metal baking sheet long ago. It may not be an even or the best heat conductor. There are lots of baking sheets on the market. Try a search - or someone, perhaps, can give you suggestions.)

Oven temp - your oven may need to be calibrated

High Altitude can affect the outcome

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom