Intro + Ginger Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

robbdj

Assistant Cook
Hi,
I'm new here, but like to cook alot. One day I hope to open some sort of food service establishment for my family. But that's not intresting, I think my old lady's recipe for ginger cookies, that we always enjoy this time of year is! So here it is:

4 cups flour
2 tsp bakng soda
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp ground cloves
3 tsp ground ginger
1 1/2 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup molasses

Combined flour, soda, cinaamon, cloves and ginger. In another bowl beat the butter, sugar, eggs and molasses together. Add the dry ingredients and mix well. Roll out dough and cut cookies in your favorite shape. Bake at 375 for 8 to 9 minutes.

Hope you all enjoy it, I'm sure I'll have more to share, and hope to find some good stuff here myself :)

Welcome robbdj and thanks for sharing. We all like ginger cookies and will try real soon. Home made tastes so much better than store bought. Hope you will find some interesting recipes for your family here. I sure have. Never same ole thing for dinner anymore.

Wow! Those do look good!

Welcome, robbdj, and thank you for the recipe. I love ginger anything, but especially cookies with molasses!

You can never go wrong with ginger :) My girls been making them since we have been together. 8 years this week actually

Back
Top Bottom